5.2.4 Home Theater System for $1500 on Amazon

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys,

We put together this entire 5.2.4 home theater system using products exclusively available on Amazon.

Forget that HTiB system from your local big box and check out our Audioholics Amazon exclusive $1,500 5.2.4 recommended home theater system featuring components from Sony, Polk and Onkyo. We built a setup on a shoestring budget that will provide much better than HTiB performance, features immersive surround. Some of these deals are limited time so act quickly. Sony Core is one helluva speaker for the money, and check out the other products that allow for this very unique, high value, high performance system to be had for such low cost.

1500-system.jpg

Read: Amazon Exclusive $1500 5.2.4 Home Theater System

Disclaimer: For your convenience, we chose products available either direct from the manufacturer or through our Amazon affiliate page. As an Amazon Associate, Audioholics.com benefits from qualifying purchases so we appreciate you using our links. The products we select have either reviewed favorably on Audioholics in the past, or we've had direct experiences with.

L

lanion

Audiophyte
Accessories4less is a great option for getting the cost down a few hundred dollars. Receivers become SO CHEAP when they are year or two old, without sacrificing much at all.. especially if it is IMAX support, which is kind of a joke. . a Denon AVR-X1500H 7.2-Ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver w/HEOS is only $299 there, with atmos support.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Accessories4less is a great option for getting the cost down a few hundred dollars. Receivers become SO CHEAP when they are year or two old, without sacrificing much at all.. especially if it is IMAX support, which is kind of a joke. . a Denon AVR-X1500H 7.2-Ch x 80 Watts A/V Receiver w/HEOS is only $299 there, with atmos support.
Yea, but we try to promote new, not reconditioned gear.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gene, do you think the Polk sub would outperform this 12" from Monoprice? I haven't heard that Polk model before but I have heard the latter and was really surprised at the amount of clean bass it produced given the $99.99 price tag (actually $92.99 ATM).

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, do you think the Polk sub would outperform this 12" from Monoprice? I haven't heard that Polk model before but I have heard the latter and was really surprised at the amount of clean bass it produced given the $99.99 price tag (actually $92.99 ATM).
The Monoprice sub is oddly speced only down to 50Hz? I'd guess the Monoprice has more output but probably doesn't dig down as deep as the Polk. It's hard to say without measuring. Monoprice speakers are on/off a lot at Amazon so I tried to stick with brands that stay for the long haul on there. Personally if bass is really important to you, go with the Klipsch I recommend for $298 and save up for a second unit down the road.

R

revrob57

Audioholic Intern
Are you saying A4L basically sells reconditioned products? The two times I have purchase from them the items were brand new. Just curious. Thanks.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Are you saying A4L basically sells reconditioned products? The two times I have purchase from them the items were brand new. Just curious. Thanks.
The AVRs that A4L sells is reconditioned, unless it specifically says otherwise on the product page.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The AVRs that A4L sells is reconditioned, unless it specifically says otherwise on the product page.

The ads are clear as to which items are refurbished and those that are new/closeout.

Refurbished is a better way of thinking about it, the factory's designated contractor (as they aren't worth the freight back to the factory itself) supposedly check them for functionality and rebox it with the proper accessories (i.e. refurbishing), but doubt very many units get any actual work or "reconditioning" of a repair nature. Mostly from returns for reasons other than needing repair (returns for changes of mind, people who can't figure out how to work an avr, overspent, etc) from my understanding (that's from the owner of A4L, tho). A4L is a large reseller of refurbished electronics, but will also have new/closeout items from time to time.

That said, I did buy two refurb units from A4L that Denon did a lousy job of checking. I opted on the last one for a new unit from A4L instead.

F

felipe

Audioholic
I’ve previously owned the Polk sub that is mentioned ( in a dual sub config. ), and for the price they are relatively good ;). Also, you can improve the SQ some by removing the metal grille that is behind the rear of the port ( there’s a YouTube video on how to remove it ). Once removed, the port chuffing that was a main issue with these goes away...just an FYI :).

F

felipe

Audioholic
I can’t speak for AVRs being sold on A4L, but I purchased my Pioneer Speakers from A4L, and for being a refurbished product, they looked new and perform flawlessly.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure you are aware, but A4L indeed has quite a bit of new gear too. Granted, it is a majority of B-stock or refurbs.

But, likely an A4L list will be obsolete sooner than an Amazon list.

R

revrob57

Audioholic Intern
I haven't bought electronics from A4L only speakers and they have all been new. In fact I been really please with my speaker purchases from them.

D

dammad

Audiophyte
Guys,

We put together this entire 5.2.4 home theater system using products exclusively available on Amazon.

Forget that HTiB system from your local big box and check out our Audioholics Amazon exclusive $1,500 5.2.4 recommended home theater system featuring components from Sony, Polk and Onkyo. We built a setup on a shoestring budget that will provide much better than HTiB performance, features immersive surround. Some of these deals are limited time so act quickly. Sony Core is one helluva speaker for the money, and check out the other products that allow for this very unique, high value, high performance system to be had for such low cost.

View attachment 32214

Read: Amazon Exclusive $1500 5.2.4 Home Theater System

Disclaimer: For your convenience, we chose products available either direct from the manufacturer or through our Amazon affiliate page. As an Amazon Associate, Audioholics.com benefits from qualifying purchases so we appreciate you using our links. The products we select have either reviewed favorably on Audioholics in the past, or we've had direct experiences with.

D

dammad

Audiophyte
first of all excuse writing . I purchased 4 bookshelfs and center channel and plan to connect to the denon 3808ci to enjoy the sound . i have so many questions but leave that for later thank you godspeed

adam.bogocz

adam.bogocz

Audiophyte
Hello and thank you for your great channel! I have learned a lot from it. Anyways, I wanted to get front & back Sony SS-CS5 and center SS-CS3... but they are hard to get in Czech Republic and in EU generally. I can order these from US amazon, but cost of shipping & taxes gets me total price around 750 USD for those 5 speakers. Do you think that it still worth it? Or should I look more for some other brands & models which are more accessible within Europe ? I will be pairing these speakers with Denon AVR-X2600H. Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis