Sponge

Enthusiast
Here is the word from Wavecor.

Wavecor Ltd. <wavecor@wavecor.com>
12:28 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your interest.

We generally do not run tweeter power tests without high pass filtering. So I cannot tell you exactly how much power can be dissipated directly at the voice coil.
However, it is bound to be in the 5-10W range, probably closer to 5.

If the drive signal is sufficiently low it will be possible to use the TW030WA11 to 1 kHz. However, we have no experience at all with such low crossover frequencies so I am afraid it will be at your own risk to try it.

Sincerely
Ed, Wavecor

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Here is the word from Wavecor.

Wavecor Ltd. <wavecor@wavecor.com>
12:28 AM (4 hours ago)
to me
Hello Glenn,

Thank you for your interest.

We generally do not run tweeter power tests without high pass filtering. So I cannot tell you exactly how much power can be dissipated directly at the voice coil.
However, it is bound to be in the 5-10W range, probably closer to 5.

If the drive signal is sufficiently low it will be possible to use the TW030WA11 to 1 kHz. However, we have no experience at all with such low crossover frequencies so I am afraid it will be at your own risk to try it.

Sincerely
Ed, Wavecor
I agree with that. That is why I generally recommend a 2.5KHz cross or higher to domed tweeters. Tweeters are the commonest units to blow by far.

Those speakers you have look like three ways, so why do want to cross at 800Hz!

If you are crossing from those two woofers to that mid and crossing to the Heils at 800 Hz, you must have a massive band pass gain problem, that is far worse then any dispersion problem.

S

Sponge

Enthusiast
I agree with that. That is why I generally recommend a 2.5KHz cross or higher to domed tweeters. Tweeters are the commonest units to blow by far.

Those speakers you have look like three ways, so why do want to cross at 800Hz!

If you are crossing from those two woofers to that mid and crossing to the Heils at 800 Hz, you must have a massive band pass gain problem, that is far worse then any dispersion problem.
My inquiry seems to be misinterpreted. I was only asking if there are any other tweeter drivers that could cross that low. I never said I was changing my Heils.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My inquiry seems to be misinterpreted. I was only asking if there are any other tweeter drivers that could cross that low. I never said I was changing my Heils.
Tweeters are designed to operate at high frequencies only. For operation down to 800Hz, you normally need a horn loaded compression driver or at least a 6 to 7 inch cone mid-bass driver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis