Hello My Old Friend - Happy Halloween!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Oct 31.jpg

Taken yesterday, October 31, 2019, Halloween night. Yes, a record amount of snow for Halloween. Forecast on Wednesday morning was "1-2 inches and it won't stick to the pavement." Then Wednesday night it was "Well, 2-5 inches but we aren't sure what it will do but probably 1-2" by the lake. But don't worry as it won't stick to the roads." Thursday morning, I had 3 inches at the house by 7 am and a good 2 inches of wet slush/snow/ice on the roads. People driving 20 mph in a 45 zone. Idiots driving too fast, panicked people driving way too slow.

Anyway, I didn't have the snowblower on the lawn tractor and couldn't get to the walk-behind unit because it was only 1-2" and wasn't going to stick to the roads. So I had to get home, shovel a path to the front door for the trick-or-treaters. 6-1/2 inches of the heavy wet stuff, the best kind of snow to shovel! Aaannnnddd... No trick-or-treaters. But I'm still wearing shorts! I refuse to give in yet.

Hope your Halloween was fun and lacked icy drama! Makes me paranoid about what this winter will bring...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 32064

Taken yesterday, October 31, 2019, Halloween night. Yes, a record amount of snow for Halloween. Forecast on Wednesday morning was "1-2 inches and it won't stick to the pavement." Then Wednesday night it was "Well, 2-5 inches but we aren't sure what it will do but probably 1-2" by the lake. But don't worry as it won't stick to the roads." Thursday morning, I had 3 inches at the house by 7 am and a good 2 inches of wet slush/snow/ice on the roads. People driving 20 mph in a 45 zone. Idiots driving too fast, panicked people driving way too slow.

Anyway, I didn't have the snowblower on the lawn tractor and couldn't get to the walk-behind unit because it was only 1-2" and wasn't going to stick to the roads. So I had to get home, shovel a path to the front door for the trick-or-treaters. 6-1/2 inches of the heavy wet stuff, the best kind of snow to shovel! Aaannnnddd... No trick-or-treaters. But I'm still wearing shorts! I refuse to give in yet.

Hope your Halloween was fun and lacked icy drama! Makes me paranoid about what this winter will bring...
Never trust a smiling weather man! :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It was really mild here last night - about 17°C. Windy as all get out though. I recall trick or treating in blizzards as a kid...but I grew up in Newfoundland....

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Last night for Halloween, we had forecasts of violent thunder storms, heavy rain and wind. The storm arrived around half past 9, trick or treating ended early because of the weather threat. Heavy rain fell for less than half an hour, but it was enough to cause some flash flooding.

I think the cold front that brought us the storm was the same as what brought you the snow. Before the storm, it was warm and very humid, about 75°. Kids must have felt hot in their costumes. About 2 hours after the storm hit, the temperature had dropped more than 20°. By the time I went to bed, it was below 50° and still falling. I guess that's a lot better than snow on Halloween.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure where you are, but I do know some parts of Wisconsin postponed Halloween due to the snow!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Fukk snow. Winter too...
It’s been in the twenties and low 30’s here in central mn.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Come to California! (Bring marshmallows.)

:eek:

:oops::rolleyes:

And your parkas. Not only do we have red flag warnings and your choice of fires... we also have Code Blue alert for the fact that it’s in the 30s at night. (70s during the day)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Come to California! (Bring marshmallows.)

:eek:

:oops::rolleyes:

And your parkas. Not only do we have red flag warnings and your choice of fires... we also have Code Blue alert for the fact that it’s in the 30s at night. (70s during the day)
That’s unusual no? As you know my heart is already there.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm originally from PA live in DFW now where it can still get plenty cold for a short period. Gonna move to FLA next year...

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
It was really mild here last night - about 17°C. Windy as all get out though. I recall trick or treating in blizzards as a kid...but I grew up in Newfoundland....
A Newfie! Newfoundlanders are like Minnesotans when I lived up there. Halloween costumes were designed around the ability to fit over a snowmobile suit. Only way to ensure you got candy and not frostbite.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Not sure where you are, but I do know some parts of Wisconsin postponed Halloween due to the snow!
Some local areas did. But most figured it would be too late to get word out so they let it fly. We didn't get any kids at the door but our subdivision is mostly people whose kids are out of the house or "too old for trick-or-treating". But my kids hit a few houses and got handfuls of candy because people wanted to get rid of it!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Some local areas did. But most figured it would be too late to get word out so they let it fly. We didn't get any kids at the door but our subdivision is mostly people whose kids are out of the house or "too old for trick-or-treating". But my kids hit a few houses and got handfuls of candy because people wanted to get rid of it!
Tell them to save their old costumes and carry them in a backpack next year - that way they can "double dip" at the high-yield houses! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis