How to make Friends & Influence People … Not

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As a part-time baseball fan, I was very proud of the crowd on Sunday night at game 5 of the Nats vs. Astros World Series. They let loose on Trump like no one has before. Certainly everyone in this area wanted to do that for some time. Trump looked like he's been completely sheltered, hanging out only among his hired staff (all fearful Yes-men) or his hotels & golf resorts, and only watching Fox News (or the equivalent). He looked truly shocked & surprised by the loud chorus of boos he received.

Meanwhile, back to the news, a certain Army Lt. Col. has dominated today's news. He's the latest eye & ear witness to describe how Trump & his amateur gang of diplomats have tried to hi-jack US foreign policy. And no one in the GOP (other than DT via Twitter) even tries to deny it. They either try to smear this latest witness's character or criticize the investigation process. The smart ones in the GOP just plain refuse to comment at all. But whenever the press asks them for their opinion, they can't hide their faces which are full of shock and fear.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As a part-time baseball fan, I was very proud of the crowd on Sunday night at game 5 of the Nats vs. Astros World Series. They let loose on Trump like no one has before. Certainly everyone in this area wanted to do that for some time. Trump looked like he's been completely sheltered, hanging out only among his hired staff (all fearful Yes-men) or his hotels & golf resorts, and only watching Fox News (or the equivalent). He looked truly shocked & surprised by the loud chorus of boos he received.

Meanwhile, back to the news, a certain Army Lt. Col. has dominated today's news. He's the latest eye & ear witness to describe how Trump & his amateur gang of diplomats have tried to hi-jack US foreign policy. And no one in the GOP (other than DT via Twitter) even tries to deny it. They either try to smear this latest witness's character or criticize the investigation process. The smart ones in the GOP just plain refuse to comment at all. But whenever the press asks them for their opinion, they can't hide their faces which are full of shock and fear.
Can't we deport him to New Jersey and then build a wall around New Jersey?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Better to build a parking lot in New Jersey over him.
As a 40+ year former resident of New Jersey, I approve. However, the team that plays there must be called the New Jersey something or others...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
As a 40+ year former resident of New Jersey, I approve. However, the team that plays there must be called the New Jersey something or others...
The New 'Jersey' Pine Barrens Devil(s) ... where myth becomes reality?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If my fingers ever got ahead of my brain, I'd get in trouble real quick because I know they want to go where they don't belong! :rolleyes:
I'm assuming a cookie jar ... again, not? :p

You and the Cheeto might have more in common than you thought, except that you don't carry out your worst impulses.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Back on subject for a sec and some perspective on Afghanistan, and the Middle East to an extent, from a 2 part British documentary. Dated to a point but still informative.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Back on subject for a sec and some perspective on Afghanistan, and the Middle East to an extent, from a 2 part British documentary. Dated to a point but still informative.
I wonder if that documentary is based on an excellent 1994 book titled "The Great Game" by Peter Hopkirk.

I read it a number of years ago. It explains most every thing about the 100 year plus experience the British had in that part of the world. It should have been required reading for the W administration in 2001. But they were too arrogant and/or not curious enough to bother. This same problem still exists today in the present administration.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder if that documentary is based on an excellent 1994 book titled "The Great Game" by Peter Hopkirk.

I read it a number of years ago. It explains most every thing about the 100 year plus experience the British had in that part of the world. It should have been required reading for the W administration in 2001. But they were too arrogant and/or not curious enough to bother. This same problem still exists today in the present administration.
Not sure but I read Mr. Hopkirk's book too in the mid-90's. A must read for history buff's and our generals too I would hope.

It amazes me how all the great powers keep repeating the same mistakes.

While I agree with Trump ... keep reading :D ... that we need to extricate ourselves out of the Middle East, his ham-handed execution leaves a lot to be desired and puts us in a bind with our allies and at a disadvantage with the Russians and the Assad/Iranian regimes geopolitically. And to sacrifice the Kurd's, the only true & reliable ally besides the Israeli's in the region, is criminal.

Proving once again that we can not be counted on and will tuck & run at the first sign of trouble, unless you're willing to pay us as mercenaries. Obviously the Saudi's and Egyptians got the meme. Our Western European allies & Israel have to be deeply troubled by current events in the region with this decision.

To just toss the Kurd's to the curb, a true fighting counterweight, to Erdoğan and to the Syrian/Russian/Iranian nexus is not just callous but geopolitically stupid in the long run. Our influence in the region just went down a notch.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Another good documentary on the BBC on Lawrence of Arabia by the same gent.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis