Marantz rs 3557 no audio output

D

Devil505

Audiophyte
I have a Marantz rs 3557 Century collection stereo reciever. I've had it since new and have never had an issue with it.

The other day my son's girlfriend was vacuuming around the reciever and it hasn't had any sound since.

I have scoured the internet and this forum for the last day and a half hoping to find information on this thing but I have come up empty handed.

My son and I are both pretty electronically savy so we can fix this thing. I'm looking for a service manual or at least someone who is pretty well versed in fixing receivers so I know where to start.

I have the top cover off and visually everything looks fine. I have been probing around with my multimeter and when the unit is powered on the three fuses inside have no power throughput at all. I've tested the fuses and all 3 are good. The unit powers up but when it does it beeps 3 times. Once for the power on and then 2 times afterwards. I've never heard these beeps before.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
No one can help?
That unit is likely beyond help and no one can fix it and certainly not you with a multi meter.

I can not find a service manual. That unit is into the age of the chips with everything era.

The older ones with discrete components are a much easier proposition. Th chance of running into a blown IC NLA a long time ago is high.

From your story I expect a speaker wire got pulled and caused a short. This has likely really blown up an output stage. Your description sounds like the unit is going into protection most likely because an output stage has blown causing a short on the power rails causing the shut down. This would explain the lack of voltage at the fuses you describe.

I think you need to get over this unit and move on. Give it a decent burial.

D

Devil505

Audiophyte
Thanks for the help guys guess it's time for a new reciever

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis