asus stxII wth sparkos opamps

J

john11

Enthusiast
Hi And thanks for reading this thread.
Just replaced the stock muse opamps in my asus stxII soundcard with sparkos discrete opamps, and it sounds awful.
The muses are so much better.
I heard something about 100 hours burn in time is required for the sparkos, it will have to be a big improvment to warrant keeping them.
Have you heard anything about this. What is the difference in sound quality with muses compared to sparkos. Is it a subtle difference or something more profound.
Thanks!

J

john11

Enthusiast
I have found plenty of posts comparing sparkos against burson audio opamps, but nothing concerning muses vs sparkos.

What is your opinion of the muse opamp, it is expensive but is it audiophool expensive, or genuinely high performance.

Usually when i upgrade components, if the new component is better i can hear it straight away, so am not a big fan of the burn in theory.
Might be something to it, or maybe not. What do you think.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have found plenty of posts comparing sparkos against burson audio opamps, but nothing concerning muses vs sparkos.

What is your opinion of the muse opamp, it is expensive but is it audiophool expensive, or genuinely high performance.

Usually when i upgrade components, if the new component is better i can hear it straight away, so am not a big fan of the burn in theory.
Might be something to it, or maybe not. What do you think.
I think you have gone down a loonies rabbit hole.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
so am not a big fan of the burn in theory.
I highly doubt that Op amps need to burn in in order to sound good and would think anyone telling me that they needed 100 hours to do so would be out of their mind. If electronics needed to burn in before they functioned properly how could any QC ever be done in manufacturing?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I highly doubt that Op amps need to burn in in order to sound good and would think anyone telling me that they needed 100 hours to do so would be out of their mind. If electronics needed to burn in before they functioned properly how could any QC ever be done in manufacturing?
Very good way to put it.

I'd also add that since this is an internal sound card, the op amps are the least of his problems.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis