Am I considered Audiophile?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hard to forget a face like Mink's...but am a big John Waters fan too ever since Pink Flamingos.
Yep she stole just about every scene she was in. I'm gonna have to do a Google on her see what else she played in.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Hello all,

I am new to the Audiophile world.
I used to own Magnepan 1.71 and a pre amp with power amp 2x200wats/ch from Rotel.

Now, at 53 I have (I want to believe), turned into cheaper area but nice quality.

I have Polk Audio RTI-A7 Speakers and Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver that I have disabled every function of surround settings and I listen to two channel stereo or PCM.
I hope I qualify to be considered Audiophile, LOL
You need at least two 100 lbs monoblocks, no less that 5k each, two tower speakers at least 20K a pair (no subwoofers allowed), no less than 2k on speakers cables. Must have an extremely high-end external DAC if you're going to listen to harsh digital audio. Must have a turntable and vinyl recordings. BTW, you might be able to exchange the monoblocks for a 10k tub amp. Now if you have something like that you might be considered an entry level audiophile.

By no means can you be considered an Audiophile with any Japanese brand AVR. Again, no subwoofers and cheap speaker cables purchased from Walmart or Amazon.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just heard that Cybertron systems is releasing their new subwoofer called “The Megatron Blaster.” Inspired by the transformer Megatron.

It can play down to 5 hz at 115 db open space and less than .001 THD+n The subwoofer weighs in at 485 lbs and they are giving it a nickname the “Big-show”.

My only issue is my basement is 7 ft high and with the spikes the sub stands 7 ft 1/8”. It retails for $5000 US

Any ideas how I can get the megatron into my room would be appreciated:rolleyes:
No suggestions. Just ship it to me! I’m vaulted with 12’ in the center. I’ll be happy to review it for you!

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
By no means can you be considered an Audiophile with any Japanese brand AVR. Again, no subwoofers and cheap speaker cables purchased from Walmart or Amazon.

Brilliant absolutely brilliant:D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No suggestions. Just ship it to me! I’m vaulted with 12’ in the center. I’ll be happy to review it for you!
Me too! I wanna hear it make that classic transformer noise when it turns into a robot. What I wanna know is, does the woofer continue to play through the transformation and after, and does it self adjust for distance, levels and q while moving around the room or when making my sammich and getting me a fresh beer..?

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You need at least two 100 lbs monoblocks, no less that 5k each, two tower speakers at least 20K a pair (no subwoofers allowed), no less than 2k on speakers cables. Must have an extremely high-end external DAC if you're going to listen to harsh digital audio. Must have a turntable and vinyl recordings. BTW, you might be able to exchange the monoblocks for a 10k tub amp. Now if you have something like that you might be considered an entry level audiophile.

Pass Lab, or Krell amps definitely fall into the audiophile category. Bob Carver's tube amps will get you that Golden Ears song all the audiophools are looking for with them nice shine Johnny Solk speakers. Don't forget to add in 13 powered Subs with them SVS spaceshily tube looking to go with one of them fancy new projectors with deeper blacks and vivid colors for a more realistic look.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pass Lab, or Krell amps definitely fall into the audiophile category. Bob Carver's tube amps will get you that Golden Ears song all the audiophools are looking for with them nice shine Johnny Solk speakers. Don't forget to add in 13 powered Subs with them SVS spaceshily tube looking to go with one of them fancy new projectors with deeper blacks and vivid colors for a more realistic look.
I'll give you that my last post was dumb, but did it really deserve the rating..? Just trying to be funny.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nice! ;) I see your a "Audiophile" to huh?;). What are your thoughts on "Audiophool" ;). Shall we jump over to Polk Audio "Club" See if that forum has some Audiophile and Audiophool as are on AH forum :cool:. Can't go over to AVS, the guy who runs that forum is definitely one for sure. He'll banner , anyone who isn't. :).
Have you seen the AudioKarma forum? Lots of strange at that one, but some who know their stuff.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
If I add a tube pre-amp to my turntable to replace a 'solid state' one, do I get promoted to a higher grade of audiophile? :p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If I add a tube pre-amp to my turntable to replace a 'solid state' one, do I get promoted to a higher grade of audiophile? :p
You can't be promoted, must take the last step your destiny awaits you. No ladders at the bottom of that rabbit hole you fell in. They gotta! You should have drank the potion before you open the door.:p

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Have you seen the AudioKarma forum? Lots of strange at that one, but some who know their stuff.
Oh not that one , some mod had it out for me there . Thought I worked for parts express or something...: can’t fix stupid .
Have to wait until I get another ipadress or something. I’d rather never go back there again haha toxic troll mods
When I stopped getting help all they did was troll me , and were mean .
I’d say your an audiophile if you enjoy quality audio or I’d say even cheap speakers if your just starting out .

You don’t have to own 10grand flagship speakers to be an audiophile otherwise just the rich or people who save a lot of money would hold that title .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I used to aspire to be one with separates and moving coil phono carts but I'm happy now with a modest 2 channel system. Still more than any of my friends have and I have no desire to constantly upgrade. Most importantly it sounds good to me.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Speakers would be the only thing I'd want to upgrade, but for that I'd need more than I can spend so I'd say I'm done now unless I hit the lottery or something.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic

How could you forget the all important cable risers.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis