Tom Hanks, Mr. Rogers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Holy hell....just saw Tom Hanks is playing mr Rogers. After watching the trailer, I’m not convinced but he has a way about him. Might be good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you see the documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor"? Liked that, I didn't watch as a kid tho, was a tad too old, but the documentary sorta made me wish I had. Will rent the Tom Hanks movie, he's a good choice I think.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Did you see the documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor"? Liked that, I didn't watch as a kid tho, was a tad too old, but the documentary sorta made me wish I had. Will rent the Tom Hanks movie, he's a good choice I think.
No, I didn’t know the doc was a thing. Looks pretty well done. I will try and take it for a spin. I agree, Tom Hanks is a good choice. He is always a good choice I think. First time I recall watching him was in “splash”, right after we got our first VHS player. Top loader...lol. Soon after that I was hooking up speakers to the TV. Mom thought I was nuts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, I didn’t know the doc was a thing. Looks pretty well done. I will try and take it for a spin. I agree, Tom Hanks is a good choice. He is always a good choice I think. First time I recall watching him was in “splash”, right after we got our first VHS player. Top loader...lol. Soon after that I was hooking up speakers to the TV. Mom thought I was nuts.
I remember him from the sitcom "Bosom Buddies"! Bachelor Party was one of my favorite comedies for the longest time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I remember him from the sitcom "Bosom Buddies"! Bachelor Party was one of my favorite comedies for the longest time.
Yeah it was Batchelor Party, one of my favorites, that sold me on Tom; watched Splash later and The Man With One Red Shoe not long after that IIRC. Another local boy from the bay area, like Clint :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah it was Batchelor Party, one of my favorites, that sold me on Tom; watched Splash later and The Man With One Red Shoe not long after that IIRC. Another local boy from the bay area, like Clint :)
I was a kid when it came out. When we first got one of those giant satellite you could watch ALL of the channels without a sub. Bachelor party was one of my first R rated movies. It's legit good tho. It was my standard for comedies for the longest time. Haven't seen it in ages, but I loved it. Wonder if it still holds up today? I know some of the humor wouldn't fly by today's PC culture.

I think he'll kill it as Mr Rogers. I'm thinking sort of a smarter Forrest Gump, sans the Alabama accent. Brush up on changing his shoes and sweater while singing and he's got it locked.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dang thought I had a copy of Bachelor Party....so I just added the dvd in my Netflix queue. LOL chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze! Back in those days we had our own version going on at the Swinging Singles Disco Pad (what we called our house).

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I thought Tom Hanks knocked it out of the park as Walt Disney. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He can do almost anything.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Question!
What was the worst Tom Hanks movie?

He's managed to carry every movie I've seen him in even if the story line was week.
And how many actors could could pull off a movie of talking to a soccer ball in Castaway?!

I generally am inclined to believe I would like any movie with Tom Hanks, but I don't watch that many movies and wonder if he was in ever a movie that was best forgotten.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Question!
What was the worst Tom Hanks movie?

He's managed to carry every movie I've seen him in even if the story line was week.
And how many actors could could pull off a movie of talking to a soccer ball in castaway?!

I generally am inclined to believe I would like any movie with Tom Hanks, but I don't watch that many movies and wonder if he was in a movie that was best forgotten.
I think I've seen most of his as an actor (as well as on the other side of the camera) and can't think of a bad one....altho Forest Gump had its moments :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis