Tool's New Album, Finally!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I love Tool but I have to say the ticket prices and the cost of physical media is a real turn off.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Cost of the physical media is high because stock is low, that's not really Tool's fault. I'm not gonna argue with you about ticket prices though...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cost of the physical media is high because stock is low, that's not really Tool's fault. I'm not gonna argue with you about ticket prices though...
Seems like a deliberate tactic. All about the benjamins?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just an FYI:
Sound Opinions will be discussing the new Tool album in episode 721 which airs tomorrow on NPR:
https://www.soundopinions.org/show/721

The link above will connect you to a podcast download after the show airs.
If you want to catch it as it is broadcast, check your local NPR schedule.
The Atlanta WABE station will broadcast it from 7-8PM tomorrow (Friday, 9/20/19), but I don't know if that is the same time as other stations.
https://www.wabe.org/weekly-radio-schedule/

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just an FYI:
Sound Opinions will be discussing the new Tool album in episode 721 which airs tomorrow on NPR:
https://www.soundopinions.org/show/721

The link above will connect you to a podcast download after the show airs.
If you want to catch it as it is broadcast, check your local NPR schedule.
The Atlanta WABE station will broadcast it from 7-8PM tomorrow, but I don't know if that is the same time as other stations.
https://www.wabe.org/weekly-radio-schedule/
Thanks Kurt. That’s pretty cool!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Seems like a deliberate tactic. All about the benjamins?
Doubtful, they aren't going to see higher returns from the higher price of each disc. The markups are happening from the final sellers, they (the final seller) are just seeing a chance for huge profit and taking it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doubtful, they aren't going to see higher returns from the higher price of each disc. The markups are happening from the final sellers, they (the final seller) are just seeing a chance for huge profit and taking it.
Yes, but they could avoid it by just having more made....it couldn't be that hard?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey poges, I just wanted to say that possibly my favorite fill on this whole album is at 11:03 on pneuma. Deceptively simple. But super badass. I love fills like that.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I didn’t want to rub it in since not everyone got the cd but I really like the little video screen idea. I’m one of those guys who plays the cd so it would have been a must have anyhow. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey poges, I just wanted to say that possibly my favorite fill on this whole album is at 11:03 on pneuma. Deceptively simple. But super badass. I love fills like that.
Is it weird that CC Trip is my favorite "song"?

Everything Danny does he makes it look effortless. The thing with those fills is how judicious he is with them. He doesn't overuse them and when he does it always seems like the best spot and time for it. Very tasteful (and tasty! :p). He can almost do no wrong in my eyes. Even if I watched him screw something up live I'd prolly tell myself it was a stroke of genius and he did it on purpose... lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is it weird that CC Trip is my favorite "song"?

Everything Danny does he makes it look effortless. The thing with those fills is how judicious he is with them. He doesn't overuse them and when he does it always seems like the best spot and time for it. Very tasteful (and tasty! :p). He can almost do no wrong in my eyes. Even if I watched him screw something up live I'd prolly tell myself it was a stroke of genius and he did it on purpose... lol.
Lol. Nope, not weird at all. I love it too. And it’s almost entirely in 7, my favorite besides playing in 4. I’ve never played it at -0 but I should. Then go up to my studio and try it!
I love Danny as well. He’s an inspiration and makes me want to play. “I don’ wanna work”.....

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
So 2 months post release and you still can't get a reasonably priced CD of this album. Down to "only" $50 on Amazon.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's amazing. I really should have gotten 20 of them,

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Listening to this album again today on CD. I wish I had bought at least 2 but the one copy cost me $37. :) I would probably freak out if I got my only copy scratched. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Good grief rip that into flac or similar and save the disc for backup....
I haven’t done that. I’ll have to research it. I have copied CDs to ITunes. Sounds like it must be simple though.

Edit

The CD comes with a digital copy too. Not sure what format the file shows up as. I’ll check that out.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven’t done that. I’ll have to research it. I have copied CDs to ITunes. Sounds like it must be simple though.
Exact Audio Copy

Click on the download tab on the left side. I just used it recently. It works great, perfect rips and you don't need a 20 page manual to figure it out. I was ripping within minutes.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Exact Audio Copy
Click on the download tab on the left side. I just used it recently. It works great, perfect rips and you don't need a 20 page manual to figure it out. I was ripping within minutes.
Ok newbie question, so is the digital copy it comes with, better quality than ripping?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right, the digital dl is 320kbs mp3 and a lossless (FLAC or WAV) rip is 16/44, which is better. How much of a difference you can hear between the 2 (lossless or 320kbs mp3) is very debatable. I'd say the better your hearing the more likely you can tell a difference.

Mp3s are compressed into much smaller files and WAV files are bit for bit, from what I understand. I rip all my stuff to FLAC files, which is somehow compressed but still lossless on playback. I kinda get how it works, but don't want to attempt to explain it, lol. FLAC files use a little less space than WAV and are just as good so that's the format I use.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis