Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2019

Matt34

Matt34

Anyone going to be there this weekend? May make the drive up there on Saturday.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rocky Mountain Oyster Fest is how I read that.
I grew up next to a slaughterhouse. My dad owned it. Every year one of the local hillbillies (folks called him "Uncle Arkie") would ask us to save and freeze all the bull testicles we would normally toss throughout the year and he'd pick 'em up for "Uncle Arkie's Nut Cook" that he threw every summer. There were kegs of beer and other food too, but yeah.

I grew up in the sticks, lol.

Matt34

Matt34

Moved it early this year. It's at a new venue this year too?
Yup, usually happens in October. I believe it's the same venue:

GAYLORD ROCKIES RESORT AND CONVENTION CENTER
6700 NORTH GAYLORD ROCKIES BLVD, AURORA, COLORADO 80019

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yup, usually happens in October. I believe it's the same venue:

GAYLORD ROCKIES RESORT AND CONVENTION CENTER
6700 NORTH GAYLORD ROCKIES BLVD, AURORA, COLORADO 80019
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is a new venue, it had previously been in the Denver (proper) Tech Center area, I can't remember which hotel though.

It used to be late sept/early oct, as it used to be around the same weekend (or the exact same weekend) as GABF.

U

Uncle_Big_Green

Audioholic Intern
I went yesterday. I won a ticket from the Ross Kaminsky show. I had never attended one. It was pretty cool - no surprise. I didn't hit every floor for the hotel room set-ups, but I made sure that I found the Salk Sound room. If I weren't sinking $$$ into my house right now, and I just bought some other toys (so I can't blame it all on the house), then I'd have a pair of Jim Salk's speakers.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
While I didn't attend this year I have heard that the move to The Gaylord near the airport was a positive, albeit more expensive with parking upwards of $29 per day !

a couple of others have commented elsewhere that the Technics room represented great sound / value.

U

Uncle_Big_Green

Audioholic Intern
While I didn't attend this year I have heard that the move to The Gaylord near the airport was a positive, albeit more expensive with parking upwards of $29 per day !

a couple of others have commented elsewhere that the Technics room represented great sound / value.
The parking was $8. RAMF arranged a discount. It cost me $8 and about 3 gallons of gas to go.

I know... rub it in, right? :D

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
It's all here, Levinson, Krell, McIntosh, Boulder and all the bull nuts you can eat for free. :D

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I was there all three days, loved it. I thought the rooms allowed better sound quality than the Tech Center last year. Really liked the new Revel F226Be, which had great quality bass for their size, as well as excellent highs and mids. They are also releasing a F328Be, as well as a Be center channel speaker.
DSC_0062 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Sonus Faber released their new Olympica Nova line, which also sounded great, but a bit strident on overly bright material.
DSC_0043 by MDTshots, on Flickr
DSC_0044 by MDTshots, on Flickr

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
The new Salk SS 9.5 sounded excellent, and the bass was awesome on the symphonic track they were playing.
DSC_0089 by MDTshots, on Flickr

The Pardigm Persona 7F exhibited simply excellent clarity and imaging, but will certainly tell you all about any overly bright recordings with its beryllium tweeters and mid range drivers. The integration of the subs was top notch.
DSC_0087 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Of course, there was also a lot of audio unobtainium on display, which sounded great, but I won't go into all of those!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
thanks mtrot, those Salk are one beautiful speaker. Was that the Schiit turntable with them ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis