Tool's New Album, Finally!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mine says it was delivered, but I leave for work early so it got there right after I left. Have been listening to it since I woke up too via streaming though. Mmmmmm good.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Got mine a couple hours ago and of course I couldn't not open it... lol.

I'm on a second playthrough right now and I'm already picking out favorites, which is a great sign for me. Sometimes I need a few more plays before stuff stands out and really grabs my ear. My initial reaction is that it's a little different (in a good way),but definitely still Tool. This is gonna be playing on my system for some time to come. Big thumbs up!

The little LCD screen and additional artwork are cool, but the music is definitely the reason to buy. I think most people will take it or leave it with that. Unless you're a big Tool fan and appreciate Adam's artwork and a cool little LCD screen to watch some of it on I'd probably recommend just getting the regular edition. I'm a Tool superfan so to me it's awesome, lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like Invincible, Descending, Culling Voices and actually really liked the odd but potent Chocolate Chip Trip

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I like Invincible, Descending, Culling Voices and actually really liked the odd but potent Chocolate Chip Trip
I am listening to that exact song right now! Danny Carey dominating on the drums is always a good thing!

"7empest" sounds like it'd be right at home on the Aenima cd. Really digging it.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I want to crank it but I HAVE NO SUB... It is scheduled to come on Wed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to crank it but I HAVE NO SUB... It is scheduled to come on Wed.
I was gonna give you a thumbs down to show how I feel for you right now but I didn't wanna stick you with a negative rating... :(

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Finally getting to listen to this...
Sounds soooo good. Especially in 7.3.4 DSU.
I’ll try stereo later but this is just too good right now.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Really hoping they can keep these albums coming. Why not one every 4 years? :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I was gonna give you a thumbs down to show how I feel for you right now but I didn't wanna stick you with a negative rating... :(
We'll, we can just say boooooooooo and get the point across.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I am listening to that exact song right now! Danny Carey dominating on the drums is always a good thing!

"7empest" sounds like it'd be right at home on the Aenima cd. Really digging it.
I think they did a fantastic job bringing style from other albums into this one. It feels like Aenima and Lateralus had a baby and 10000 days is it's God parent. Lots from the first two, and a bit of the last in the mix.

Sounded fantastic in there theater. Hearing Danny's percussion pan through the front back and forth was pretty epic.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ooooooohhhhh I haven't done that yet. Maybe this weekend.
You will Loooove it. Chocolate chip trip is Fukkin crazy. Don’t know how but it goes all the way around the room. Fantastic.
I think they did a fantastic job bringing style from other albums into this one. It feels like Aenima and Lateralus had a baby and 10000 days is it's God parent. Lots from the first two, and a bit of the last in the mix.

Sounded fantastic in there theater. Hearing Danny's percussion pan through the front back and forth was pretty epic.
Absolutely agree. There are many familiar sounds, but they go in different directions. When you think it’s gonna Zig, it Zags...
I finally like the sound of Danny’s kick drums. Aenima they’re too soft, lateralus they’re too weak(but clear) 10,000 days, almost there, and finally here they’re punchy, deep and clear.

Side note, in reference to your screen name, I’ve always loved Vinnie Paul’s(rip) kick drums.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You will Loooove it. Chocolate chip trip is Fukkin crazy. Don’t know how but it goes all the way around the room. Fantastic.

Absolutely agree. There are many familiar sounds, but they go in different directions. When you think it’s gonna Zig, it Zags...
I finally like the sound of Danny’s kick drums. Aenima they’re too soft, lateralus they’re too weak(but clear) 10,000 days, almost there, and finally here they’re punchy, deep and clear.

Side note, in reference to your screen name, I’ve always loved Vinnie Paul’s(rip) kick drums.
Nothing like Vinnie and Darrell together. Such a sad story for those guys. One of the greatest bands of all time though. Too bad the recording quality is so bad on most of the albums.

This Tool album brought me back to when I heard Aenima for the first time. It opened me up to a different kind of metal. I still can't get enough of that album. This one I feel will be similar.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

You just described the way I've always felt about Danny's kick drum. CCT sounds amazing. I love the way his kit sounds on this cd.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Someone in there is an audiophile. Not sure if it his MJK or their engineering team, but their albums always sound amazingly detailed. I opened it up an listened on the rig even with no sub lol. There's always those small fine details that peek through, even in the heavy parts. The Minis actually have a lot of bass by themselves, but can't wait for the sub.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Really hoping they can keep these albums coming. Why not one every 4 years? :)
I'm treating it as if this could very well be the last one. There was definitely some bs that held them up, but it wasn't all that. Maynard struggled with the rest of the band to get it finished. Their process is really tedious and slow I guess. Hard to get everyone to agree on stuff.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Listening to "Culling Voices" right now. Some really heavy sections in there. I caught myself subconsciously making snarl faces while bobbing my head... lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Going straight through on night two. Only at MV-32...kids, wife lol.
Anyway, pneuma became an early favorite last night and still is. However, this whole damn thing is awesome. I’m so glad for this album.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis