No thoughts and prayers today?

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
I'm tired of thoughts and prayers, I want action. Assault weapons ban, 50 billion dollar voluntary assault weapon buy back, magazines/clips limit of 5. I'll take 10 but should be 5.
A task force of thousands going over these but job forums looking for or trying to find these pukes. Judges to oversee that just to be sure it's not being overused.
Actually as this country turns more away from God
the more of these terrible things will happen. This country needs more prayer and less back handed agenda driven comments.

As you should know chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet they continually have a very high murder rate, if not the highest. The only people hurt by proposals such as yours are innocent gun owners. Criminals will continue to operate outside the laws like they always do.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
the more of these terrible things will happen. This country needs more prayer and less back handed agenda driven comments.
As you should know chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet they continually have a very high murder rate, if not the highest. The only people hurt by proposals such as yours are innocent gun owners. Criminals will continue to operate outside the laws like they always do.
Whose God? This one?

handmaid.jpeg

Last edited:
Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
So the answer is to do nothing and sit on our hands?
No, my comment was directed at the notion of the government seizing all of the publicly held handguns and assault rifles. I'm strongly in favor of stringent licensing, training, and background checks for gun ownership, and making guns at least as difficult to buy as opioids, all of which I think can help the situation over time. I just don't think we'll ever get to the point of getting all of the guns out of private hands when there are so many guns out there, people are willing to do illegal acts to acquire and keep those guns, and getting around the 2nd Amendment precedents will be difficult. Unfortunately, gun ownership in the US has been decided to be a constitutional right on the level of voting. You can't keep a mentally ill person from doing either one.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
No, my comment was directed at the notion of the government seizing all of the publicly held handguns and assault rifles. I'm strongly in favor of stringent licensing, training, and background checks for gun ownership, and making guns at least as difficult to buy as opioids, all of which I think can help the situation over time. I just don't think we'll ever get to the point of getting all of the guns out of private hands when there are so many guns out there, people are willing to do illegal acts to acquire and keep those guns, and getting around the 2nd Amendment precedents will be difficult. Unfortunately, gun ownership in the US has been decided to be a constitutional right on the level of voting. You can't keep a mentally ill person from doing either one.
I think we agree on a lot of things Irv on this subject and it will be hard. But to do nothing, out of exasperation, is just silly and the problem will just fester.

People need to vote, they need to contact their Senator's/Congresman/woman, whatever and let them know how they will vote in the next election if this issue is not addressed.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Guns, don't kill, people kill people.
Gun can't pull a trigger only a person can. Blame the weapon all you want. People been killing since the dawn of time. They'll just find another way to kill. Don't believe me? Just look back at WW2, Nazis used gas to kill 6 million.
Well then just legalize hand grenades...people pull pins....
The issue here is not people getting killed per se, but the ease in which large numbers of people can be mowed down in seconds.

In America especially the citizenry has the need to be armed based on the way the land was captured, colonized, and capitalized.

The second amendment in no way was written with modern weaponry in mind. Hunters don’t use high capacity magazines unless their prey is people.

It is possible to defend your family and property without high caliber, high capacity weapons.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Military grade weapons should not be sold to citizens, period. And no one can justify it without going up crazy land where conspiracies rule their minds.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
You can do all the gun controll in the usa but only law abiding citizens will confrom.I can go buy a 12ga riot gun off the street right now where i use to live for 50 dollars, dont see gun controll doing much of anything as far as guns with large clips two 9mm pistols i could kill 16 people without reloading. Not that i would they need better people controll if you ask me.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Military grade weapons should not be sold to citizens, period. And no one can justify it without going up crazy land where conspiracies rule their minds.
Misinformation does not help with gun control either. An AR-15 is not a military grade weapon, putting a ban on military grade guns or assault rifles WILL NOT ban the sales of AR-15s.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Guns, don't kill, people kill people.
Gun can't pull a trigger only a person can. Blame the weapon all you want. People been killing since the dawn of time. They'll just find another way to kill. Don't believe me? Just look back at WW2, Nazis used gas to kill 6 million.
Most victims of the holocaust were gassed, but many were shot as well. Much of the Holocaust didn't actually occur in the camps themselves, but out in warzones, and were perpetrated by soldiers. But even then, I am sure that the nazis killed many more people by shooting them than by gassing them if we were to tally up all their victims.
I don't get your logic. Because there are so many other means of inflicting violence on society, there's little point in restricting access to the one of the deadliest means? The one with probably the least alternate purposes?
I am not saying not to bother with gun control, I am saying it would only partially address one symptom of a deeper underlying problem. By all means, restrict access to firearms.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think these post tend to end in a flaming row.

However the answer though not currently popular is what I think the answer is.

Making it harder to get guns will do little to nothing to stop this.
We have to face the fact it is time to abolish the Second Amendment via Constitutional change.

We need to make really tough lasting change. That means than only a select few tactical police units and the military should be armed. Regular police should be unarmed.

All guns need to be turned in by everyone else. There needs to be severe and harsh penalties for anyone not authorized in possession of a gun.

Nothing less than this will stop the carnage.
Think about that- if the regular police were disarmed, people would still make guns and use them. We have too many machinists and creative people who think we should be able to own guns and are fully able to build something. Then, you have the ones who don't give a rat's butt that it's illegal, they'll still hide a gun, somewhere.

Look at the types of crimes in our cities and compare them to those in there countries- the differences are basic, but people don't want to admit what they are- the people are very different. England has some who are similar to the ones we have in the US, but the US has vastly more. Add activist politicians and you have a powder keg.

I think things would go very badly if the US disarms everyone. Our politicians are too power hungry to allow them to do this.

The saying "An armed society is a polite society" never accounted for the extremes people will go to after losing their fear of punishment.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic
Think about that- if the regular police were disarmed, people would still make guns and use them. We have too many machinists and creative people who think we should be able to own guns and are fully able to build something. Then, you have the ones who don't give a rat's butt that it's illegal, they'll still hide a gun, somewhere.

Look at the types of crimes in our cities and compare them to those in there countries- the differences are basic, but people don't want to admit what they are- the people are very different. England has some who are similar to the ones we have in the US, but the US has vastly more. Add activist politicians and you have a powder keg.

I think things would go very badly if the US disarms everyone. Our politicians are too power hungry to allow them to do this.

The saying "An armed society is a polite society" never accounted for the extremes people will go to after losing their fear of punishment.
Ive read an there are plans on the internet how to make a gun with a 3d printer .

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Most victims of the holocaust were gassed, but many were poop as well. Much of the Holocaust didn't actually occur in the camps themselves, but out in warzones, and were perpetrated by soldiers. But even then, I am sure that the nazis killed many more people by shooting them than by gassing them if we were to tally up all their victims.

I am not saying not to bother with gun control, I am saying it would only partially address one symptom of a deeper underlying problem. By all means, restrict access to firearms.
A person buys a weapon they run a background check everything checks out okay. Than say 2, 3 years that person develops depression or PTSD..Thing is a person can buy a weapon pass the background check then years later develop some kind of mental disorder. How you check that? Maybe some government agency can do a background check again who knows what can be done to stop this madness crazy's killing people.

C

Crazy8s846

Audioholic

More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

If turning away from god has caused these problems, why do all of the less religious nations have a far lower murder rate? Regarding Chicago, it does not have the highest murder rate, and it is not even in the top 20. And many of the guns used in Chicago gun crimes are legally sourced from Indiana.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You can do all the gun controll in the usa but only law abiding citizens will confrom.I can go buy a 12ga riot gun off the street right now where i use to live for 50 dollars, dont see gun controll doing much of anything as far as guns with large clips two 9mm pistols i could kill 16 people without reloading. Not that i would they need better people controll if you ask me.
Yet somehow other countries don't have these issues. These guns should not be manufactured, that's how you solve that. Anyone caught building or selling them gets life in prison.
Somehow the UK can control this stuff and not have mass shootings on a weekly basis.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A person buys a weapon they run a background check everything checks out okay. Than say 2, 3 years that person develops depression or PTSD..Thing is a person can buy a weapon pass the background check then years later develop some kind of mental disorder. How you check that? Maybe some government agency can do a background check again who knows what can be done to stop this madness crazy's killing people.
A background check won't stop gun crimes, to be sure, but it may help to reduce the number. It's not a bad starting point. If you need a license and training to drive a car, the same should be true for guns at the very least.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis