What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic

McIntosh MI254 (dig amp)
McIntosh MC303 (SS Amp)
McIntosh MPC500 (conditioner)
Marantz AV8805 (processor)
JL Fathom 13.5 (3000w)
B&W CCM7.5 (X2)
B&W CWM7.4 (X2)
B&W 803D2 (X2)
B&W HTM2D3 (center)
Sony VPL-VW695ES
Screen:
Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame and LED backlight, Black Diamond dark gray material (100")

12x2 - 250ft oxide free wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This speaker sounds good and the size is great for camping and weekend getaways, but I may be tempted to get the larger version for the backyard. :)
The Xtreme does a very nice job outdoors if you are just trying to provide music for your area without trying to blast the neighborhood.
The bass is a bit heavy for indoors, but tuned pretty nice for outdoors. One of the reviews mentioned a special button combination for turning the bass down - I don't believe the manual mentions it. I only use mine outdoors (yardwork, at GF's swimming pool, etc) so do not remember the technique to turn down the bass.

Ha! Found it!

He describes it as increasing or decreasing the bass, but I think it is better described as decreasing the bass from the default and returning it to the default level! Pretty sure it is a 2 position option!

PS, you might try it on the Charge! Who knows?

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

McIntosh MI254 (dig amp)
McIntosh MC303 (SS Amp)
McIntosh MPC500 (conditioner)
Marantz AV8805 (processor)
JL Fathom 13.5 (3000w)
B&W CCM7.5 (X2)
B&W CWM7.4 (X2)
B&W 803D2 (X2)
B&W HTM2D3 (center)
Sony VPL-VW695ES
Screen:
Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame and LED backlight, Black Diamond dark gray material (100")

12x2 - 250ft oxide free wire

You just purchased all that stuff? That is way beyond impressive!

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
The Holy Grail and Elsa's Lucky Lighter from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade have arrived at my Indiana Jones bookshelf display....

Bookshelf_Grail01.jpg

L

liquid360

Junior Audioholic
You just purchased all that stuff? That is way beyond impressive!
Thanks, Crazy right? A couple weeks ago my theater consisted of a Sony 65in LCD, a rotel pre, and a few Def Tech speakers. This new setup is absolutely nuts.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Not really an upgrade, but I went from a Garmin Zumo 665LMT on my bike to a new Zumo 396LMT-S. It has a few features the 665 didn't, and loses a couple that the older one did have (but I rarely used.) It'll be the weekend before I can take the bike apart a bit to hardwire it in properly.

Attachments

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just got tix to this show
I never heard of this. But RATM was one of the first live concerts I ever saw, on the Evil Empire tour, at the (no longer existing) Astro Arena in Houston!

I see this tour hits Austin in October, so I hope this show is before then and you can provide some feedback!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I never heard of this. But RATM was one of the first live concerts I ever saw, on the Evil Empire tour, at the (no longer existing) Astro Arena in Houston!

I see this tour hits Austin in October, so I hope this show is before then and you can provide some feedback!
Nope, it is in November in SF. You can check them out on Youtube. It is a mashup sort of, there's some rock-rap ala Linkin Park, some cool guitar instrumental, and works with various other artists. I is fairly different and I like them - its Tom friggin Morello man, the guy is amazing. I heard it first on the weekly show Tom does on XM.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Nope, it is in November in SF. You can check them out on Youtube. It is a mashup sort of, there's some rock-rap ala Linkin Park, some cool guitar instrumental, and works with various other artists. I is fairly different and I like them - its Tom friggin Morello man, the guy is amazing. I heard it first on the weekly show Tom does on XM.

I kind of lost track of him after RATM called it quits, and I wasn't a fan of Audioslave.

But, in the last year the Prophets of Rage hit my radar, I grabbed their CD, and it is freaking awesome!

In a similar note, I have a track on the Lyricist Lounge (hip hop) collection that has Zack De La Rocha, KRS One, and the last Emperor rapping together, it's a great track!

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I kind of lost track of him after RATM called it quits, and I wasn't a fan of Audioslave.

But, in the last year the Prophets of Rage hit my radar, I grabbed their CD, and it is freaking awesome!

In a similar note, I have a track on the Lyricist Lounge (hip hop) collection that has Zack De La Rocha, KRS One, and the last Emperor rapping together, it's a great track!
Zack also did an EP called One Day as a Lion, which I liked. Slight variant but similar feel as RATM. I really wanted to go see Prophets of Rage tour, but it didn't come to this area and I didn't want to go down to LA for the show.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It actually was even more epic than that..... three weeks ago yesterday, I picked this up as well

That's a beauty I'll never in this lifetime can ever afford that car or anything lately. Are you in Cali? Enjoy it to the fullest.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis