William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Jesus, you poor soul. What a crap introduction to a great character. Moonraker has to be the very worst Bond movie, and there have been some stinkers.
LOL!
Indeed. In retrospect, it is super campy, and just plain horrible. But as @panteragstk mentioned, as a kid it was pretty cool. As I got older I discovered how awesome JB was/is.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is true. For the most part fans are just accused of being toxic misogynist racists if the movie fails.
Right? It’s like you can’t think a movie sucks JUST BECAUSE IT SUCKS!!!!! you must be be racist, you must hate women, or you must hate the environment or whatever. Can’t be $hitty acting, or casting, or having a terrible soundtrack etc. Like Jesse eisenberg as lex luthor? Sometimes Hollywood sucks. Sometimes not so much.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's one possibility but I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that James/Jamie Bond has always been a well disguised woman living as a man.
Now THAT would be the ultimate wokeness. I would have to have an equipment burning in my driveway.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When I was a kid, any new release of a James Bond was a big thing, and for me it was in the Moore/Dalton era. For me the best Bond movies are those having Craig as 007 along with the darker mood.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Now THAT would be the ultimate wokeness. I would have to have an equipment burning in my driveway.
Can we watch? I suggest that you start with your speakers as they contain wood and should make a great starter fire. If that fails, there is always gasoline :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can we watch? I suggest that you start with your speakers as they contain wood and should make a great starter fire. If that fails, there is always gasoline :D
Yep. Monkey coffins contain a LOT of mdf! I’ll probably save my AVR for a couple days and use it as a pillow since I haven’t had it that long. I could use a second anchor for my boat though. Hmmm......

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am aware of that. I take it you haven't seen the movie "Atomic Blonde". If you did, then you would have gotten the reference.
I've seen Atomic Blonde.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sean Connery vs Robert Shaw. How can you beat that combo "old man"?:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
They've said over the years that 007 is just a code name assigned to the agents so I guess the new agent being a black woman makes sense. ...
Then how do you explain all the 007 agents are James Bond? Especially when Skyfall where the Bond family was buried?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Then how do you explain all the 007 agents are James Bond? Especially when Skyfall where the Bond family was buried?
The James Bond movies are all just different takes on the same character. 007 has just historically been Bond's agent number.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The James Bond movies are all just different takes on the same character. 007 has just historically been Bond's agent number.
Well, that is my understanding as well. So, how can they use a female in that role unless she is not named Bond?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
There is running joke in Hollywood that if an actor wants to play 007, he will never get it.
I guess that Mrs. Lynch wanted to have nothing to do with Bond movies

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, that is my understanding as well. So, how can they use a female in that role unless she is not named Bond?
That part is weird. Changing genders and race is a big stretch. One is fine, but both just seems like they're trying to make people happy.

The worst part is that this lady could be a fantastic actress and that would be totally undermined by all this crap surrounding the decision to make her the next bond.

Would be nice if people could audition for a part and whoever the best person for the part is gets it. None of this gender/race bull. All of this is stupid.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't get what is so confusing for you guys: they are not changing James Bond into a woman. They simply have another character using the 007 agent number since Bond had retired. James Bond and 007 are not literally synonymous. They simply re-assign agent numbers as the service members come and go.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't get what is so confusing for you guys: they are not changing James Bond into a woman. They simply have another character using the 007 agent number since Bond had retired. James Bond and 007 are not literally synonymous. They simply re-assign agent numbers as the service members come and go.
It just would have been so much easier if they would have retired the #007 and given her #069 instead ;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Just saw that a black woman, Lashana Lynch will be the new 007. Seriously, they couldn’t give her a different number? What. The. Actual. Fukk...
Can’t wait for Matthew McConaughey to play Malcom-X. Or Wonder Woman...
Nothing tops the cringe factor more than this though:

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Then why refer to the movie as the latest installment in the "James Bond" series? Instead of destroying a reliable money making franchise in the name of PC and social justice they'd have been one heck of a lot smarter to make the female lead version (Mary Sue Bond? ) a spin-off series. Sort of a lighter and higher quality PG-13 version of Atomic Blonde that might actually work IF they avoid having to live up to comparisons to Sean Connery. As it is I expect it to be nearly as successful as the Ghostbusters remake.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Then why refer to the movie as the latest installment in the "James Bond" series? Instead of destroying a reliable money making franchise in the name of PC and social justice they'd have been one heck of a lot smarter to make the female lead version (Mary Sue Bond? ) a spin-off series. Sort of a lighter and higher quality PG-13 version of Atomic Blonde that might actually work IF they avoid having to live up to comparisons to Sean Connery. As it is I expect it to be nearly as successful as the Ghostbusters remake.
I'd take Jane Bond as well

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis