Yamaha RX-A780 with external amp

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Personally, I only use 3 modes:

1. STRAIGHT (no DSP, use this for Discrete sounds like Dolby Atmos and DTSX)

2. DTS NeuralX (use this 99.9% of the time I am not using STRAIGHT mode)

3. DSU (Dolby Surround Upmix) - I use this probably 0.1% of the time I am not using STRAIGHT mode :D

I would not use any other DSP modes because they sound like a joke to me. :D

SkyMagnet

SkyMagnet

Enthusiast
Still curious what other sound mode settings you had getting in your way before, expect it will be the same with the 2080 in that sense.
Well, I've seen reviews on the 2080 where you can choose to turn on or off different speakers depending on the situation, and that seems to line up with what tech support said.

I'll have my fingers crossed that this is actually the case, though stranger things have happened lol

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Well, I've seen reviews on the 2080 where you can choose to turn on or off different speakers depending on the situation, and that seems to line up with what tech support said.

I'll have my fingers crossed that this is actually the case, though stranger things have happened lol
I used to have a860 which is 2year old model 1 step higher in the model line. Had no issues like you are describing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Define the "situation"?

SkyMagnet

SkyMagnet

Enthusiast
Define the "situation"?

Like being able to have a scene where only the front speakers and the subs are firing for music and then another scene where there is full surround, with and without atmos, for movies.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
C

Can you share the link to that article on 2080? Can you try 2ch stereo for 2ch music experience and one of dsp modes suggested above for other scenarios?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Like being able to have a scene where only the front speakers and the subs are firing for music and then another scene where there is full surround, with and without atmos, for movies.
Should be able to change sound modes to accommodate such....

SkyMagnet

SkyMagnet

Enthusiast
Should be able to change sound modes to accommodate such....
I can change it to a DSP mode, but then it plays out of all the surround speakers. I can't seem to find an option to just pick which speakers I want fro each scene.

SkyMagnet

SkyMagnet

Enthusiast
C

Can you share the link to that article on 2080? Can you try 2ch stereo for 2ch music experience and one of dsp modes suggested above for other scenarios?

I can do two channel stereo but I can't use the sub, only the front speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis