BFA vs Regular Banana Plugs

S

Space2013

Audioholic
I’m new to banana plugs. Can BFA style plugs be used in any binding post that accepts banana plugs? Or are there special binding posts required to use BFA banana plugs?

I tried out a few regular and BFA plugs and the BFA ones seem to have a better fit in my receiver. The only downside of the BFA plugs is they are a little sharp on the plug end, but not too bad, and I can’t imagine it would hurt a metal binding post.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
To my knowledge, BFA plugs and standard plugs are pretty much interchangeable as long as the receiver supports them. The hole size for banana plugs is supposed to be pretty standard.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, those are nice. More surface contact area and perhaps less chance of wobble as was a concern in another thread by a poster.
At what point did banana plugs become inadequate for this application? SUrface area ONLY matters WRT current.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I bought BFA plugs a couple months ago and I love how tight fitting they are. They require a lot more pull to disconnect than any banana plugs I've used.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
That’s what I like about BFA’s they fit much tighter than the other type. I was looking at these Eichmann/KLEI classic bananas you can stack them which is nice because I replaced my brass jumpers with speaker wire. Anyone solder their bananas or just use set screws? My bananas have a soldering hole and I thought about soldering them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis