3db's/family get away.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I'm looking for a cheap but effective backlighting led strip to adhere to the back of the display. Any recommendations?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I reoriented my HT much to my chagrin to make the basement appear more open and inviting to aid in the house sale. Gave the room a new paint job, have a new equipment rack ..pictures coming soon.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are the pics

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've attached some more pics. The backlighting works. The adhesive used to attach the light strip to the TV is very poor so I ended up making double sided tape out of suct tape and apply that to strategic places to keep the lights adhered to the display. The remote used to change the lighting is cheap and chincy and works most of the time *LOL* For $20, Cdn, I didn't expect much more and I'm more or less satisifed with it. I've got the lights set to white which are the pictures with the same background light. I can very the colors as you can see and the range of colors one can set this to is quite good. I just supplied RGB backgrounds as the extrem example. I can also dim or brighten the intensity of the light.

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife and daughter #2 (daughter #1 has moved to Toronto 2 years ago) moved into a 3 bedroom townhome on June28 from a 4 bedroom home and unpacking is progressing slowly; much tougher to move down than move up. I have the 2nd system up and running and just started yesterday on the primary system. I will take pics of everything once the place looks cleaned up and I found a place for everything.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finished wiring up the main system in the basement. Pics will follow. Just sharing the view from the back of my townhome..

IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here some pics of the secondary system setup in the great room. My Vizio has been migrated upstairs into the bedroom replaced by a brand new 55" 4K Samsung 7000 series display.

Attachments

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I measured the height from tweeter of the mains to mid point of the center and its 27" . I notice no holes in the sound field.
You probably won't have any holes, but if the music or soundtrack have a series of notes (or just sounds of different frequencies), it may sound like the source moves up or down, depending on whether they're ascending or descending.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You probably won't have any holes, but if the music or soundtrack have a series of notes (or just sounds of different frequencies), it may sound like the source moves up or down, depending on whether they're ascending or descending.
I think your replying to my setup in my hold house before the move.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think your replying to my setup in my hold house before the move.
I didn't see that it was before the move, just commenting on the 27" height difference.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm trying to keep the wiring tidy...
That unterminated speaker wire makes a statement of sorts and it do look good. I just bought a 1000' roll of some 14ga Belden speaker wire and am considering not using bananas on the amp side of the wire ... hmmm.

The composite video connection makes me wonder if you're still using a VCR.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
That unterminated speaker wire makes a statement of sorts and it do look good. I just bought a 1000' roll of some 14ga Belden speaker wire and am considering not using bananas on the amp side of the wire ... hmmm.

The composite video connection makes me wonder if you're still using a VCR.
I'm just too lazy to terminate with bananna plugs. About the composite video connection, which post are you referring too? .. Let me know. I know I use one comp video connection. That connecton is to get the AVR menu displayed on the big screen. I even programmed the Logitech remote for that function. :) Let me know which pic/post and I'll confirm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis