Should i change 4k bluray players?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
So i am upgrading from a BenQ HT2050 to a BenQ LK970 projector. Should i change my 4k bluray player from my Sony UBP-X800 to a Panasonic DP-UB820 before i get my projector calibrated? Or should i stick with my Sony?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
The dp 820 is a better player. If you have the 500 after your projector upgrade then get it.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
How do you download the Dolby Vision on the dp 820

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
It’s a firmware update. If it’s connected to the internet and has the latest update then you have it.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Ok i dont have the dp 820 yet. Just connect it to the internet and it will do it itself?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Thats why i am asking. I want Dolby Vision but does it need to be on the dp 820 before i get it calibrated?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ok i dont have the dp 820 yet. Just connect it to the internet and it will do it itself?
If you connect the player to your network it should update itself at next power on, but you can go into the Setup menu an do a manual check for new firmware as well. There should also be something like "System Information" that shows the current firmware version, which can be handy to see in case a check if your firmware is the most current.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Someone just told me that the projector im getting doesnt support Dolby Vision. Is that true?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Someone just told me that the projector im getting doesnt support Dolby Vision. Is that true?
You could check the manual (should be online) as well as check support page for the projector for more information as new features often come in the form of firmware updates.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
If the projector your looking at doesn’t support Dolby vision maybe you should rethink the projector. Dolby vision is better than hdr10. Dolby vision is the future. Samsung’s Hdr10+ will never catch on. Samsung needs to get over it and pay royalties to Dolby like everyone else.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
I don't think any projectors support Dolby Vision. I believe I read somewhere (Don't remember where so take with grain of salt) that Dolby Vision is very specific on what picture is supposed to look like and as a home theater is not guaranteed to have good ambient light control and the screen used will vary by individual they have chosen not to certify projectors for Dolby Vision.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
So i am upgrading from a BenQ HT2050 to a BenQ LK970 projector. Should i change my 4k bluray player from my Sony UBP-X800 to a Panasonic DP-UB820 before i get my projector calibrated? Or should i stick with my Sony?
I have the Sony X-800 and I am trying to figure out why playing a ultra HD disc it says it’s in 1080 not 4K which is connected to the epson 4010

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis