Upgrade for center channel help

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
I currently have a pro center 1000 that doe not seem to handle the levels that I wish to listen at. I am looking for what would be the best upgrade for my system: all definitve sm55 fronts, sr9040 surrounds, pro monitor 1000 atmos ceiling, and a pro sub 1000. What I have come up with is to get a sm65 or sm55 and use it as a center, but I haven’t had luck finding one for the 65. I am worried to buy used as well. Any advice on that would be great. Now, would the cs9040 be a big upgrade? All input welcome.
Thanks,
-Kyle Braunlich

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I currently have a pro center 1000 that doe not seem to handle the levels that I wish to listen at. I am looking for what would be the best upgrade for my system: all definitve sm55 fronts, sr9040 surrounds, pro monitor 1000 atmos ceiling, and a pro sub 1000. What I have come up with is to get a sm65 or sm55 and use it as a center, but I haven’t had luck finding one for the 65. I am worried to buy used as well. Any advice on that would be great. Now, would the cs9040 be a big upgrade? All input welcome.
Thanks,
-Kyle Braunlich
Maybe it would be easier to make a deal for 3 of the SM65 with Best Buy or Crutchfield etc and then move the SM55 speakers to be the rear speakers or to another room.

I would also look for a HSU or SVS sub if you want some great theater effects. :)

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
Maybe it would be easier to make a deal for 3 of the SM65 with Best Buy or Crutchfield etc and then move the SM55 speakers to be the rear speakers or to another room.

I would also look for a HSU or SVS sub if you want some great theater effects. :)
I don’t think bestbuy sells them anymore. Would an upgraded sub make that big of a difference?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t think bestbuy sells them anymore. Would an upgraded sub make that big of a difference?
It won’t solve your center being a little undersized for your listening levels but it will make a big difference after you solve the first issue.

It looks like the 9040 center has a nicer cabinet so probably a good bet that it will perform a lot better than the 1000 center.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis