S

Steelers252006

Audioholic
Is $2,500 for dual SVS PB3000s a reasonable price? Only drawback on these is they won't match my Ultra Towers, only come in black ash. I could get the PB400s for about $3,500. More I read about those Monolith 15s, more intrigued I'm becoming. I imagine head to head the Monolith 15s would emerge the winner AND be a little cheaper in comparison to the 3000s?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
That's approximately the price of two new ones, yes.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Go for dual subs. Go with HSU or SVS or Monolith or Rythmik. The HSU VTF3 is probably what you want to go with.. The SVS PB3000 has a cool app for the sub controls though. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Depends on OP's room size, maybe he could get away with twin PC-2000 which do come in the piano finish and save some dough as well.
There's also a Rythmic FV15HP-SE [Ported in Piano Black] which is a close match to PB3000 [I think] in performance or at least was to PB13Ultra which PB3000 directly replaced.
Honestly, all of the subs mentioned here would provide tons and tons of high-quality bass and all of them are overkill, just some more than others :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Depends on OP's room size, maybe he could get away with twin PC-2000 which do come in the piano finish and save some dough as well.
There's also a Rythmic FV15HP-SE [Ported in Piano Black] which is a close match to PB3000 [I think] in performance or at least was to PB13Ultra which PB3000 directly replaced.
Honestly, all of the subs mentioned here would provide tons and tons of high-quality bass and all of them are overkill, just some more than others :)
Agreed, lots of great choices here. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The PB-4000 is what replaced the PB13-Ultra. The PB-3000 is the successor to the PB12-Plus.

S

Steelers252006

Audioholic
P.S. Jamming the best of Bob Marley from a Spotify feed out out of 2.0 setup....and LOVING it!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn’t hesitate to go for the 21in Funk Audio subs but my GF might walk out. LOL :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wait, just researched that thing!! Can you find one secondhand?
I still think my friend we are overdoing it in your room size my friend

If you want to budget that much to your subs why not buy 4 PC 2000's in piano gloss since you seem to be a bassheads like me lol and want the most epic bass ever and call it a day.

Trust me 4 PC 2000's in your room would give you EPIC levels of bass for less then 2 PB 4000's

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis