B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
I have an NHT XD 2.2 - it cured my upgradatis :p NHT's customer support is excellent. They fixed for free one of my subs after more than 3 years (even though the sub comes with a 3 year warranty).

CSG

CSG

Audiophyte
I was introduced to NHT back in the mid 90's when I was assembling my home theater system. I had a Yamaha RX-V990 analog a/v receiver and a pair of Celestion DL-8 Series II speakers and was listening to TV in stereo. I'd visited a local shop (now long gone) and said I didn't want to replace the Celestions but was there anything they'd suggest to act as a center speaker and a couple rears. I took home a single SuperOne and pair of SuperZeros. To my ears, they matched the Celestions very well and I am still running that very same system today.

A couple years ago, I bought a used set of original SuperOnes off audiogon to use with a Marantz PM8004/CD6004 to use in my 14x18 living room. I was really impressed with how great they sounded with more than enough bass for my taste (I don't much care for low end frequencies and don't do subs) and the jazz I listen to. I liked them well enough that I bought a set of the new SuperOne 2.1's to match with a Marantz PM6004 integrated and an old JVC CDP at my other house. The room they're in is about 14x16 with high ceilings and, again, they leave me wanting for nothing (save the black laminate finish; I would prefer to spend a little more and get a nice wood veneer).

I'm contemplating buying yet another set for my bedroom where I'm currently running a 32" Vizio TV through a Marantz PM5005 integrated into an old pair of Realistic MC-800 speakers. For the low volume I listen at the Realistic speakers with their lovely walnut veneer and shallow depth, they fit the room well and sound rather good with quite amazing imaging for what was a cheap Radio Shack set of speakers. But I miss the sound of the NHT SuperOnes.

M

mdinno

Junior Audioholic
I have NHT SuperTwo now for over 20 years. My Center channel is the SC2 and my surrounds are the SuperOne 2.1. I believe the SuperOne 2.1 is the best budget bookshelf out there at just $100 a speaker on Amazon. So how do the SuperTwo fair against today's competition like the Elac Debut F6.2 for example?

F

frank428

Enthusiast
Selling mint pair of NHT 2.5i's. Reasonable offers considered.
Located in Prescott, AZ

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I was over my brother's dream house about 2 weeks ago. Those little NHT SuperZero and SW2P (hooked up to the 50WPC Harman Kardon AVR that I also gave him about 8 years ago) still sound as great as they did 22 years ago when I first bought them. :D
I gave that same NHT to my son oldest, still has it pick it up new the first year they came out in 94. Also same year of my first AVR it was used as a center channel speaker . It is still in use in his bed room 26 years still going strong.

F

frank428

Enthusiast
I've owned the Classic 3's and the SB3's and believe the SB3's to be far superior. I'd go with them but trouble is they're very hard to find. Wasn't overly impressed with the Classic 3's and they're pricey to boot. I have a mint pair of 2.5i towers available priced in line with the SB3's. Let me know if you want them . . . Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis