lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep as Ryan's link sez, but that article seems to have left out Classe as one of their brands as well....

TheoN

TheoN

Audioholics Contributing Writer
Yep as Ryan's link sez, but that article seems to have left out Classe as one of their brands as well....
Correct re:Classe. The article is from 2017 and the Classe acquisition came later—right about a year ago I believe.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I learn something everyday. @lovinthehd and I have read lots of posts about the previous ownership group and now I learn there is yet another ownership group. Will wonders never cease. As the world economy continues to spin, who "owns" a brand and who manufactures it and who actually provides the parts and or the technical design all are things which continue to evade the average consumer. Are BMWs German? How about the ones made in South Carolina? I own Denon stuff and have for a long time. I didn't know who owned them at the time I first bought one, and I'm pretty sure I didn't check the door panel on my BMW either.

Interesting question and answer. I love it when I can learn something

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Correct re:Classe. The article is from 2017 and the Classe acquisition came later—right about a year ago I believe.
Sometimes it's hard to keep up with corporate acquisitions (or even who's running the corporation). :) D&M, then D+M, has changed hands by different financial groups a couple times now.

I learn something everyday. @lovinthehd and I have read lots of posts about the previous ownership group and now I learn there is yet another ownership group. Will wonders never cease. As the world economy continues to spin, who "owns" a brand and who manufactures it and who actually provides the parts and or the technical design all are things which continue to evade the average consumer. Are BMWs German? How about the ones made in South Carolina? I own Denon stuff and have for a long time. I didn't know who owned them at the time I first bought one, and I'm pretty sure I didn't check the door panel on my BMW either.

Interesting question and answer. I love it when I can learn something
Denon was merged with Marantz back in 2002. Denon has good roots before that as did Marantz (but believe Marantz changed hands a couple more times since '64 when first sold off....where things are made somewhat follows, but is of course now harder to follow (except maybe for MCode :) ).

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
DEI Holdings.

Former Congressman Darrell Edward Issa.

Coincidence? Nope.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
DEI Holdings.

Former Congressman Darrell Edward Issa.

Coincidence? Nope.
That his initials and the acronym for Directed Electronics Inc matches? He is a turd. Might not buy Denon in the future now :) Maybe he'll burn this one down, too.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I'm not sure whether he still has financial ties to the company, but he started it (DEI Holdings) back in the 80s or 90s and made his fortune selling their car alarm products. He was always one of, if not THE richest people in Congress. When he went into Congress, he resigned his position as CEO. This was long before they bought D&M, and probably well before they bought Polk and Definitive.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not sure whether he still has financial ties to the company, but he started it (DEI Holdings) back in the 80s or 90s and made his fortune selling their car alarm products. He was always one of, if not THE richest people in Congress. When he went into Congress, he resigned his position as CEO. This was long before they bought D&M, and probably well before they bought Polk and Definitive.
I still feel kinda icky.
And is that “resigned” the same kind of “resigned” that lord helmet Cheney was when Halliburton got a f-ton of juicy contracts “rebuilding” Iraq while he was (Vice[read:unelectable])-President?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure but did he divest? Doesn't seem to be the republican thing to do anymore.

for the record... I did actually type his first name. That is what the site "edited" it to. Really?
Yep normal here when using the short form of Richard :)

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I don't know much more detail than what I've posted.

I do remember that he had made somewhere around $500M or more from DEI holdings. I don't know if that's what he got when he sold all his stake in them (if he did so), or if that's just what he made while their CEO/owner/founder. I have no idea whether he has a financial stake in them any longer.

I bet you could find more info online via Google.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know much more detail than what I've posted.

I do remember that he had made somewhere around $500M or more from DEI holdings. I don't know if that's what he got when he sold all his stake in them (if he did so), or if that's just what he made while their CEO/owner/founder. I have no idea whether he has a financial stake in them any longer.

I bet you could find more info online via Google.
I looked a little, not all that interested. I followed him more when I was a Californian :) I do like this part from the wiki page:

Issa soon turned Steal Stopper around, to the point that it was supplying Ford with thousands of car alarms and negotiating a similar deal with Toyota. But early in the morning of September 7, 1982, the offices and factory of Quantum and Steal Stopper in the Cleveland suburb of Maple Heights caught fire. The fire took three hours to put out. The buildings and almost all the inventory within were destroyed. An investigation of the cause of the fire noted "suspicious burn patterns" with fires starting in two places aided by an accelerant such as gasoline.[16]
Adkins said Issa appeared to prepare for a fire by increasing the fire insurance policy by 462% three weeks previously, and by removing computer equipment holding accounting and customer information. St. Paul Insurance, suspicious of arson and insurance fraud, initially paid only $25,000, according to Issa.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis