Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Your stuff. All of it.
I never once said my gear was the best, so tell me about your system, obviously you feel you've got it all figured out...............

oh and if you think my system is high priced you really don't know what high priced is !!

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Tell us all about those cable elevators you've got. How do they improve your sound? We want to know.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
By the way Mikado, I did hear your speakers in a hifi store and I was really impressed. In fact, they were probably one of the finest if not the finest speakers I've ever heard. Jazz, vocals, classical, rock, you name it. Timbre on brass instruments sounded very accurate.

Unfortunately, they are out of my price range. But I can always go back to that store again, sit in those strategically placed chairs and listen for free. :D

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Threads like this invite opinion from folks who may not understand that declaring a speaker as best also requires a qualifier "I've heard". Now, I don't get out much, and I have not sought out speakers since 1986. That's when I purchased a pair of JBL L100t3's, which delivered the sort of sound that impressed and did not exceed my line of credit. I'm still satisfied with those speakers and that's a good thing, since I have no discretionary income for audio equipment luxuries today. To the topic, the best speakers I've heard, mostly for volume without strain and life-like tone, are circa 1975 JBL L200's. I could not afford them in 75 and I still cannot afford a used pair today. Others, with similar characteristics which I like are the current JBL 4429s, and 4367s. The best price I've found on the 4429s is about $4000 a pair from Home Audio; and, they're so tempting that I've begun to save for a pair. At any rate, while I am likely to hold hard to my conclusion of what's best, I've still enjoyed hearing about how others here see it.
th2QMNE7D7.jpg
AJBL4429[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Tell us all about those cable elevators you've got. How do they improve your sound? We want to know.
they don't, rather cable management / neatness being addressed.

again, tell us about your system, after all you're so very critical of mine .......

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Bang for buck, I say no one beats RSL Speakers

Actual best on market, now that's a hard one not only because there are so many but not everyone has heard them all so we all are not equipped with the ammo necessary to make that claim with any certainty, although we all do have our opinions lol and I'd have to say The Status Acoustics line from RBHSound has been the one that has impressed me the most.
Now I don't own a pair so I can't comment on durability.-, I just know the sound had me smiling for days lol.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
they don't, rather cable management / neatness being addressed.

again, tell us about your system, after all you're so very critical of mine .......
How do cable elevators contribute to neatness? They (the cables) would be just as neat laying directly on the floor. Your perceived need for elevators comes from audiophile superstition.

My system as you call it plays music transparently for far, far less money than what you had to spend on yours. ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
How do cable elevators contribute to neatness? They (the cables) would be just as neat laying directly on the floor. Your perceived need for elevators comes from audiophile superstition.

My system as you call it plays music transparently for far, far less money than what you had to spend on yours. ;)
So, first of you accuse Mikado463 of lying about why he has cable elevators, and then you give him a back-handed insult by overtly insinuating he spent too much. Not impressive.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
So, first of you accuse Mikado463 of lying about why he has cable elevators, and then you give him a back-handed insult by overtly insinuating he spent too much. Not impressive.
So then you accuse me of accusing him of lying. Then you give me a back-handed insult by overtly insinuating that a careful, frugal, scientific approach to purchasing audio equipment is somehow insulting. Not impressive.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
So then you accuse me of accusing him of lying. Then you give me a back-handed insult by overtly insinuating that a careful, frugal, scientific approach to purchasing audio equipment is somehow insulting. Not impressive.
What comes next? "I know you are, but what am I?"

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You were obviously seriously abused as a child .........

you have never listened to my system so again you know little. Again, not only are you 'out of phase' but severely 'out of touch' with reality. And yes your system probably is transparent for apparently you're too embarrassed to show / tell us about it.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah! Those elevators and the batteries used with some speaker cables are both gadgets for triggering an argument!

Last edited:
TabCam

TabCam

Audiophyte
Ok, let’s get back to the topic. I should have limited myself to one brand which is a dilemma. I have heard the Grimm LS1 in different iterations and they are hands down the best I ever heard but I can hardly call it a consumer line for audio. They also have no surround setup.

Quadral is second but first in consumer line audio. Even their cheaper models sound well above simular priced models.Their ribbon tweeters are accurate and music sounds natural and movies realistic

The upper range models are better than full range (16 Hz) which makes that you not only can hear all the music/movie track but you can feel it as well. I heard Fury and everything felt so real. Cannon shots appeared to come from several miles away and the motor sounds from both tanks and shovel could easily be separated. For that bass they use a combination of bass reflex and a bass pressure chamber which makes it moderately efficient also.

The build quality is always excellent and they neither go overboard on esotheric materials nor skimp on it. The internal electronics and cabling look the part too, at least for the models I have taken a look at. They steadily progress each generation both in looks and in the most important sound quality department.

Their current active models contain Dirac which make room integration a breeze. They include a premium measuring microphone, not a cheap and less accurate puck. I am also very curious about how Kii Three’s sound and if they can be integrated into a surround setup but the Quadral Aurum actives are on top of my short list for my next upgrade.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
You were obviously seriously abused as a child .........
Projection.

you have never listened to my system so again you know little. Again, not only are you 'out of phase' but severely 'out of touch' with reality. And yes your system probably is transparent for apparently you're too embarrassed to show / tell us about it.
More projection. But I've heard your speakers and I like your speakers, but I could get by with a pair of the F208's just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis