Finally, after four months searching I finally found an apartment, hooked up my gear and whaddya know...

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
My damn AVR decided to expose a dormant manufacturing defect.

For those of you who didn't see my original post back in September, I finally found an apartment in the extremely competitive housing market in the North Shore of Massachusetts. I have been living in a room in an Airbnb for 3 of those 4 months with all of my stuff in storage since I moved, and was stuck watching stuff on my laptop, so I was really looking forward to finally getting the HT set up again.

As soon as I plugged the AVR in and switched it on, it immediately goes into protect mode after the first relay clicks right before the amplifier sections relay switches on. Luckily, it's still under warranty, so I shipped it off for repair, but it seriously sucks I will have to wait yet another week or two after so long! :mad:

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
My damn AVR decided to expose a dormant manufacturing defect.

For those of you who didn't see my original post back in September, I finally found an apartment in the extremely competitive housing market in the North Shore of Massachusetts. I have been living in a room in an Airbnb for 3 of those 4 months with all of my stuff in storage since I moved, and was stuck watching stuff on my laptop, so I was really looking forward to finally getting the HT set up again.

As soon as I plugged the AVR in and switched it on, it immediately goes into protect mode after the first relay clicks right before the amplifier sections relay switches on. Luckily, it's still under warranty, so I shipped it off for repair, but it seriously sucks I will have to wait yet another week or two after so long! :mad:

Sorry to hear that. Similar situation happen to me. My Onkyo 809 (prone to HDMI failure) worked perfectly in my old house. Once I moved it went into storage for a few months. First power up and...no audio. HDMI board magically died. Luckily it was repaired under warranty, but it still sucked. Lost its job as the HT receiver to a Denon x4300h.

The 809 is still alive and well in my office though.

Hope the repair doesn't take too long.

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
It felt neglected and lonely.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that. Similar situation happen to me. My Onkyo 809 (prone to HDMI failure) worked perfectly in my old house. Once I moved it went into storage for a few months. First power up and...no audio. HDMI board magically died. Luckily it was repaired under warranty, but it still sucked. Lost its job as the HT receiver to a Denon x4300h.

The 809 is still alive and well in my office though.

Hope the repair doesn't take too long.
I suppose it's better it failed now than a week out of warranty. I do wonder what exactly could internally cause a DC protection circuit to flip internally though, since it happens right before the amplifier relay flips I'm assuming something to do with that part of the circuit, could a bad capacitor be to blame?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis