Projector calibration

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Does anyone get their projectors professionally calibrated or do you guys do it yourselves and if so what do you use. I am looking into the spider 5 with the elite software. The spider 5 elite software is compatible with a projector. It’s hard to find good info on using the spider 5 with a projector.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone get their projectors professionally calibrated or do you guys do it yourselves and if so what do you use. I am looking into the spider 5 with the elite software. The spider 5 elite software is compatible with a projector. It’s hard to find good info on using the spider 5 with a projector.
If you can afford the ISF, and your projector has all of the offsets in the service menu, I'd go that route. I do know that depending on the region you live, it may take a while for a ISF tech to come out.

I'm not sure about the spider on FP, I'd email them.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I spoke with an ISF calibrator on the phone and they were asking upwards of at least $900 Australian to calibrate my projector. That’s crazy money.If there was an ISF calibrator in my area I would fair better. I know JVC(makers of my projector) have their own software which is also to be used with the spider 5. I think it’s called auto cal. I have been told it’s quite complicated and know of people who have used it who have just given up.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That’s a pretty good price for FP. That gets you 3 calibrations- day, night, and d6500. When you consider the time it takes and the equipment.....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a fan of paying for calibration since many people talk about specific settings for projectors online and will get real nerdy about tendencies for color shift or other problems that are common. So, I use a basic calibration Blu-ray (Disney WOW!) and then tweak it a bit from there if I'm not happy. Generally, I have been happy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
FWIW I've always used settings I've found online to get a baseline calibration. Then use one of the discs like @BMXTRIX said. I use the Spears and Munsil disc. For the most part the settings I see online are pretty good.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
I have the Digital Video Essentials disc/HD Basics and it goes over the top and gets into the nitty gritty of video and have found it more entertaining than anything else.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis