AudioSource AMP Three

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
well, for less than $40 i couldn't say no to this little guy and he's fitting in nicely :)

the auto switch on the back is now set to manual because i walked away from my ps4 for a few minutes and it turned off. the game was still on and sound was still there but it turned off anyway.

AS three.jpg

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
thanks, i forgot where i got the manual but now i know parts express has them too.

i didn't expect much from it but i had it running almost all day with nice output and it barely got warm.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
AudioSource seems to stick to "tried and true" designs and give good value in modest mainstream amplifiers!
That is at their regular price...obviously, your used amp deal is a better deal if it is in good condition!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
well, for less than $40 i couldn't say no to this little guy and he's fitting in nicely :)
I see I'm not the only one that personifies my audio gear. However, i usually keep it to myself so people don't think I'm crazy! Just sayin'!;):p

the auto switch on the back is now set to manual because i walked away from my ps4 for a few minutes and it turned off. the game was still on and sound was still there but it turned off anyway.
This is a common issue with auto on/off systems. If you would like this feature, you can probably play with the gain to get it working. The objective is to increase the incoming signal so the amp's sensor responds to it, so what you do is turn up the volume at your PS4 (and decrease the gain using the knobs on the amp so it isn't too loud).
That might not be convenient if you use headphones and want to leave the PS4/software volume at a specific level.

PS: I am not familiar with the PS4 so made some basic assumptions about how it is setup. Apologies if I got something wrong.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you using an AVR or Pre-pro or Pre-amp with this Audiosource amp?

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
AudioSource seems to stick to "tried and true" designs and give good value in modest mainstream amplifiers!
That is at their regular price...obviously, your used amp deal is a better deal if it is in good condition!
who doesn't love a good deal eh

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I see I'm not the only one that personifies my audio gear. However, i usually keep it to myself so people don't think I'm crazy! Just sayin'!;):p

This is a common issue with auto on/off systems. If you would like this feature, you can probably play with the gain to get it working. The objective is to increase the incoming signal so the amps sensor responds to it, so what you do is turn up the volume at your PS4 (and decrease the gain using the knobs on the amp so it isn't too loud).
That might not be convenient if you use headphones and want to leave the PS4/software volume at a specific level.

PS: I am not familiar with the PS4 so made some basic assumptions about how it is setup. Apologies if I got something wrong.
oh come on our crazy eventually comes out anyway but as much as i try to suppress it i can't win

as for the auto feature it would be cool but I'll tinker with our if i get annoyed later on

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I went through the late 90s and most of the previous decade with AudioSource equipment. Several different EQ's and amps.

Great sounding stuff, but always unreliable on anything with moving parts! VU meters would stick or only intermittently work, and I think the last EQ got static in a knob or slider that I was never able to fix (too long ago to remember now). But it was good clean-sounding budget gear for the time.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm using my avr's fl & fr pre-outs into the amp and from amp to each speaker in stereo mode
What kind of AVR?

Personally I would rather use the amps inside the AVRs than use the Audiosource amps based on my experience with brand new Audiosource amps I’ve tried in the past, which have more noise than anything I’ve used, especially AVR.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I use an Audiosource Amp One to power the subs in our living room, it looks very much like to one in the OP. You got a good deal. Peace and goodwill

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
What kind of AVR?

Personally I would rather use the amps inside the AVRs than use the Audiosource amps based on my experience with brand new Audiosource amps I’ve tried in the past, which have more noise than anything I’ve used, especially AVR.
Me too, but they may be good enough for sound effect speakers in a small room on a low budget.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
What kind of AVR?

noise?

you must have a hefty avr. my hk 3600 only has 85 wpc

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
I use an Audiosource Amp One to power the subs in our living room, it looks very much like to one in the OP. You got a good deal. Peace and goodwill
I went through the late 90s and most of the previous decade with AudioSource equipment. Several different EQ's and amps.

Great sounding stuff, but always unreliable on anything with moving parts! VU meters would stick or only intermittently work, and I think the last EQ got static in a knob or slider that I was never able to fix (too long ago to remember now). But it was good clean-sounding budget gear for the time.

good to know thanks

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
thanks.

good to know reliability is good with this version of their amps.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis