V

viseral audio

Audioholic
happy with music -movie system for now, new to headphones and want to purchase a great sounding pair with super bass and transperacy, would like to run off my av yamaharxa3070, any suggestions?

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
The HD XX for $200. I use these for most of my day job and I have no complaints so far. I think the next step up would be the Focals for 500 bucks. But to my ears, I don't think $300 justifies the upgrade.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
The HD XX for $200. I use these for most of my day job and I have no complaints so far. I think the next step up would be the Focals for 500 bucks. But to my ears, I don't think $300 justifies the upgrade.
He wants bass heavy headphones, HD6XX don't fit on that category even though they have great sound quality.

You don't mention your budget? As you want bass heavy headphones I would check Denon AH-D600, Beyerdynamic DT990 and Sony MDR1. Out of these Denon has strongest bass by far. If you are not in hurry and your budget allows these are worth to take a look as well https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/fostex-th-x00-mahogany-for-399-99.103952/

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
I thank everybody for the advice, it means a lot as I have no way to demo anything, budget is around 500$ but why spend more than would be really noticeable, is there a problem running any of them off my av receiver?

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
I like good bass but don't want to sacrifice anything else

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Never heard the DT990 or the MDR1 but try out the beats PRO, plenty off bass. I'd even say too much.
I would never recommend Beats to anyone. Over price junk tbh.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

I thank everybody for the advice, it means a lot as I have no way to demo anything, budget is around 500$ but why spend more than would be really noticeable, is there a problem running any of them off my av receiver?
No, you can run all them from your receive without any issues. If you like bass and good sound and you are not in hurry I would recommend one of those Fostex headphones in link I posted. All of those headphones are good but they are also really different when it comes to their sound signature. Also comfort is one thing to consider, for me all of those headphones fit really well but can't promise they fit everyone. Everyone hears differently but for me personally I would look those phones in following order when consider overall sound quality and bass: Fostex > DT990 > AH-D600 > MDR1. Sennheiser HD600/HD6XX are also great for overall sound but they have neutral bass so you might find them missing some bass.

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
No, you can run all them from your receive without any issues. If you like bass and good sound and you are not in hurry I would recommend one of those Fostex headphones in link I posted. All of those headphones are good but they are also really different when it comes to their sound signature. Also comfort is one thing to consider, for me all of those headphones fit really well but can't promise they fit everyone. Everyone hears differently but for me personally I would look those phones in following order when consider overall sound quality and bass: Fostex > DT990 > AH-D600 > MDR1. Sennheiser HD600/HD6XX are also great for overall sound but they have neutral bass so you might find them missing some bass.
really appreciate your time to share advice, I will check them out

M

murl

Full Audioholic
If you like bass I would get a used pair of Audeze LCD 2s. They are very warm and bass heavy. I listen to the flagship model nightly. If your budget can handle a used pair of LCD-3s that is a significant step up. The improvement from LCD-3s to LCD-4s is much more subtle and hard to justify. I do like the Focal sound signature and appreciate their headphones. The Elear is great for the money. Sennheiser makes great headphones as well that can't be beat in the comfort department but aren't necessarily "bass heavy." I would find some Audeze headphones to audition, I love them and have never looked back.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis