American audio industry may suffer a blow..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just saw the reaction to this article on the facebook page... yeesh! Facebook, man... always a convenient tool for shattering your faith in humanity..
Just finished skimming through those comments. What a poop pageant!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You are right, we don't need an audio industry in the USA since it is not critical to human survival. I guess we can just shut down this industry without having to worry about it. It's only thousands of jobs for a hobby that hundreds of thousands of people have a passion for. But I am sure that whatever damage is done is well worth whatever vague end point that Trump is after, which isn't likely anything more than the appearance of toughness.
You might want to kick the numbers up a few notches- the hobbyists are in the tens of millions and the people working in the industry number in the hundreds of thousands but what about the casual listeners, commercial/industrial/educational end users? They all use this equipment in some form, so it will affect them, too.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You might want to kick the numbers up a few notches- the hobbyists are in the tens of millions and the people working in the industry number in the hundreds of thousands..
Agreed that audio is a much wider electronics industry than just us hobbyists, but I doubt very much there are tens of millions of hobbyists in the USA. Worldwide, perhaps.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The global AV industry is a large industry, but I am talking about home audio in the USA, and specifically home audio hobbyists, not just anyone who buys a soundbar.
agreed .......

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
$144 billion in the US? Sounds way too high.

ps Oops thats 120 billion (which is still too high for US I think). The 144 was millions in headphone sales.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought that was million not billion ? headphone sales ? or were you referring to something else ?
Oops he said $120 billion, of which $144 million was headphones. Thanks. Then again he said AV sales, so that would include all the video gear as well (and my original thought was audio gear only) so.....

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Oops he said $120 billion, of which $144 million was headphones. Thanks. Then again he said AV sales, so that would include all the video gear as well (and my original thought was audio gear only) so.....
agreed, regardless ...... mucho dinero !

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
There is marshal law introduced all over south and east Ukraine due to aggression from Putler and russia.... People are fleeing their homes as military war-like conditions are arising in significant parts of Ukraine. where is the focus of Trump .... he must be the biggest idiot ever to lead a country ....

Source: Washington Post

President Trump has spent the past few weeks grandstanding over a crisis that seems to exist only in the heads of him and his allies. He repeatedly cast the arrival of Central American asylum seekers at the American border as an almost apocalyptic invasion of terrorists, criminals and other malefactors. (Reporters traveling among the “caravan” of migrants found mostly families fleeing gang violence and poverty.) In an ostentatious election stunt, he dispatched active-duty troops to a dusty corner of Texas to unfurl miles of concertina wire for the cameras. (The Pentagon wound down the operation within days of the polls closing.)

On Monday, Trump warned that he might even permanently close a crucial California border crossing if he doesn’t get federal funding for his still-nonexistent border wall, which most security experts believe would make little difference. But as the president fulminated over immigration and border security — red-meat subjects for his base — it’s worth considering what he wasn’t talking about.

On Sunday, a dangerous military escalation flared between Russia and Ukraine, prompting alarmist headlines about World War III. Trump tweeted nothing about it, choosing instead to once more attack his nation’s traditional allies in Europe, grousing over their supposed unwillingness to “pay their fair share for Military Protection.” In reality, a growing chorus of European leaders is calling for the continent to beef up its defenses in the face of Moscow’s menace — and Washington’s unpredictability.

On Friday, a U.S. government report acknowledged that climate change is real — and is doing damage to both the country and the world. The White House apparently hoped to bury the report by releasing it the day after Thanksgiving rather than next month. When that didn’t work, Trump used a cold spell over the weekend to claim yet again that global warming is a hoax and later explicitly said he didn’t believe his own administration’s findings.

On Monday, the heads of five major international aid groups urged the US to halt its military suupport for the Saudi-led war in Yemen. Thanks to years of conflict and an intractable Saudi blockade, 14 million Yemenis are on the brink of famine. “We have no means left to avert a catastrophe in Yemen,” the leaders warned in a joint statement. “Every humanitarian effort can no longer prevent mass starvation if the war is not brought to an end immediately and urgent efforts undertaken to ensure food, fuel, and other vital supplies reach those in greatest need.”

All three are urgent international issues, all ones in which the United States can play an important role. But Trump, as ever, is uninterested in statecraft. Confronted with record-low approval ratings and a vast thicket of controversies, he has chosen to circle the wagons and continue ginning up the same grievances and nationalist rancor that brought him to power. But for a president convinced that he’s putting America first, his blind spots may ultimately cause the country more harm than anything else.

And I am sure employees of GM is very happy about Trump's promises now too.

On climate change, Trump has not merely surrendered the field to other governments but ignored the existence of the battle. Experts fear that — promoting coal, rolling back regulations and weakening rules such as emissions standards — are going to make things worse.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In the current fight for democracy, Trump is putting the USA squarely on the side of the axis powers, along with Russia and Saudi Arabia. Their values are far more like that of the axis powers of WWII than the allied powers. History will remember Trump's presidency as America's flirtation with fascism, that was the result what will hopefully the last gasp of racism from twisted old white men (and many women as well). No one should expect the USA to come to the aid of any country or people for humanitarian causes so long as republicans are in charge of the executive branch. Expect the opposite.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
No one should expect the USA to come to the aid of any country or people for humanitarian causes so long as republicans are in charge of the executive branch. Expect the opposite.
The Democrats only need to cry for another two years and then they can put someone in there to further 'F' things up ...............

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I just hope we get a President with a personality next time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis