M

Mcagsta

Audiophyte
Hi guys, Does anyone know what the RMS is on the Def Tec CS 9080 or have any measurements on it or know if it’s able to play above reference levels say somewhere around 90 DB? The Reason I ask is I started with the cs 8040 witch gave me a lot of port noise at high volume for ht and music. So I upgraded to the cs 9060 witch was better no port noise for ht but get a lot with music. Was wondering if I upgraded to the cs 9080 would resolve my problem for music? I currently have the 9060 at 80 hz bass knob at 25 % and test tone levels at -10 DB. Also have L/R Def Tec Bp 8020 st with 3 SVS pb 2000 A/V Marantz 5010R. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

M

Mcagsta

Audiophyte
I did snakeeyes. I started with 40 hz to 100 hz. 80 sounded the best

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would consider the larger center if you are beyond the current ones capabilities. (Assuming it isn’t damaged etc)

Be sure to be able to return it if it doesn’t meet your expectations.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi guys, Does anyone know what the RMS is on the Def Tec CS 9080 or have any measurements on it or know if it’s able to play above reference levels say somewhere around 90 DB? The Reason I ask is I started with the cs 8040 witch gave me a lot of port noise at high volume for ht and music. So I upgraded to the cs 9060 witch was better no port noise for ht but get a lot with music. Was wondering if I upgraded to the cs 9080 would resolve my problem for music? I currently have the 9060 at 80 hz bass knob at 25 % and test tone levels at -10 DB. Also have L/R Def Tec Bp 8020 st with 3 SVS pb 2000 A/V Marantz 5010R. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
You are not getting "port noise" from the def techs! They don't have ports, they have passive radiators.

Something else is going on here!

M

Mcagsta

Audiophyte
Clearly somethings wrong. I feel like I’m over driving the bass radiator or mid,s.lol some how because when I hook them up to my Sonos they work perfectly fine no noise perfect bass. So as of right now I have it set to small, crossover at 200 hz

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Clearly somethings wrong. I feel like I’m over driving the bass radiator or mid,s.lol some how because when I hook them up to my Sonos they work perfectly fine no noise perfect bass. So as of right now I have it set to small, crossover at 200 hz
Contact Def Tech. That sounds like the speaker is damaged.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis