5 Screen Channel Wiring

X

xzk493277

Audiophyte
Does anyone know how you would go about wiring 5 screen channels with only 3 channel outputs? I want to wire a speaker between the left and center channel to get a combination of the two, and also wire a speaker between the center and right channel for the same purpose. Is this feasible? I can calculate the stress on the amps (which will not be a problem anyway), so I don't need info on that just proper positive and negative connections between the speakers if possible. Thanks.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone know how you would go about wiring 5 screen channels with only 3 channel outputs? I want to wire a speaker between the left and center channel to get a combination of the two, and also wire a speaker between the center and right channel for the same purpose. Is this feasible? I can calculate the stress on the amps (which will not be a problem anyway), so I don't need info on that just proper positive and negative connections between the speakers if possible. Thanks.
Your asking for a sound disaster. If your unsatisfied get a better front 3. Can you list your current gear?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know why you'd want to do this, but a mixer might be what you need as well as more amps.

X

xzk493277

Audiophyte
This is an experiment, not a permanent setup, to mimic a 5 screen channel setup.
The 5 speakers are all JBL 4670 (2-way). The amps are all Crown XLS 2502.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This is an experiment, not a permanent setup, to mimic a 5 screen channel setup.
The 5 speakers are all JBL 4670 (2-way). The amps are all Crown XLS 2502.
I can tell you that unless your expecting anything other than a horrid soundstage, not much to experiment with. JBL, QSC,and others make systems that will accomplish what you want, but wasnt intended for the layout you described.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis