What's your favorite Beatles album?

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Abbey Road

By far my favorite.

After that it's a probably Sgt. Pepper followed almost too close by Rubber Soul. Depends on the mood I'm in. White Album is great, but it always seemed a little incongruent to me.
Good pick!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I've always liked Lennons post beatles stuff personally. I can listen to Imagine any time and still feel something from it.
Number 9 Dream still gives me Goosebumps. It is my favorite Beatle song (post or not) ever.
Dave

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Beatles didn't get good for me until they began, err, experimenting. Rubber Soul and Revolver were the beginnings of this. Though I don't particularly care for any whole album, I would say the ending third ("medley") of Abbey Road is some of the best Pop-Rock production I can think of. Perhaps the only rock that rivals that set of songs, where I don't want to stop, is from Jane's Addiction: the last four from Ritual de lo Habitual: Three Days, Then She Did, Of Course, and Classic Girl.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The Beatles didn't get good for me until they began, err, experimenting. Rubber Soul and Revolver were the beginnings of this. Though I don't particularly care for any whole album, I would say the ending third ("medley") of Abbey Road is some of the best Pop-Rock production I can think of. Perhaps the only rock that rivals that set of songs, where I don't want to stop, is from Jane's Addiction: the last four from Ritual de lo Habitual: Three Days, Then She Did, Of Course, and Classic Girl.
Jane’s Addiction is one of my favorites. I love that album. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Are you in the same boat, Snake... Can you stop during those last four songs? ;)
I’m pretty lazy about loading one of my thousands of cds these days but that is one I manually load into the Blu-ray player to enjoy. :)

Do you like Pixies - Surfer Rosa?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Do you like Pixies - Surfer Rosa?
Surfer Rosa is my favorite from them overall. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of their stuff, but Rosa is great. Bone Machine and Cactus?! Not to take away from their other stuff.... Subacultcha, UMass, Bird Dream... from Trompe... I could go on, but... this ones s'posed to be about the beatles.

"All I know is that there were rumors... he was into field hockey players... there were rumors..."

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I could go on, but... this ones s'posed to be about the beatles.
[/QUOTE]

Favorite Rolling Stones?

Gimme Shelter

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Though I'm more a fan of their older stuff, the Stones never fully pulled me in. Same with the Beatles, but opposite (I tend to like their later works). And no, I'm not an Elvis fan, either. I had a very complicated relationship with classic rock growing up, which didn't change til my dad watched me watching Delicate Sound Of Thunder on VHS back in the day. that's when it started becoming OK.
Picking old British acts: I have to go with Traffic, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Cream... True 1967-73 Psychedelia. And Psychedelic Blues.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Though I'm more a fan of their older stuff, the Stones never fully pulled me in. Same with the Beatles, but opposite (I tend to like their later works). And no, I'm not an Elvis fan, either. I had a very complicated relationship with classic rock growing up, which didn't change til my dad watched me watching Delicate Sound Of Thunder on VHS back in the day. that's when it started becoming OK.
Picking old British acts: I have to go with Traffic, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Cream... True 1967-73 Psychedelia. And Psychedelic Blues.
Agreed with all of the above. But don't forget the Who.
Dave

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Wings Band on the Run was pretty good post Beatles. Jet is one of my favorite post Beatles songs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis