Vanatoo Transparent Zero for music and a little monitoring?

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of Klipsch Pro Madia speakers and would like to upgrade. I listen to a lot of music (mostly jazz, blues classic rock, classical) and I also do a little recording (acoustic instrument, like saxophone), but not enough in my mind to warrant an expensive and large studio set up. I have a small Mackie audio interface that I currently have connected via USB to the computer and the Klipsch speakers are connected to Mackie. Works fine, but I would like better sound.

Would the Vanatoos be a big improvement over the Klipsch I currently own? Any other suggestions in the (approximately) $500 and below range?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a pair of Klipsch Pro Madia speakers and would like to upgrade. I listen to a lot of music (mostly jazz, blues classic rock, classical) and I also do a little recording (acoustic instrument, like saxophone), but not enough in my mind to warrant an expensive and large studio set up. I have a small Mackie audio interface that I currently have connected via USB to the computer and the Klipsch speakers are connected to Mackie. Works fine, but I would like better sound.

Would the Vanatoos be a big improvement over the Klipsch I currently own? Any other suggestions in the (approximately) $500 and below range?
JBL LSR Monitors for the win!

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
JBL LSR Monitors for the win!
Thanks for the suggestion. I have heard very good things about the JBL monitors. They are on the short list, although even the 305s are about 3-4 times the size of the Vanatoos. Have you heard the Vanatoos? One reviewer who favorably reviewed the LSR305s said he found the Vanatoo to be a little more sonically pleasing while still having a flat response and being much smaller and having more useful features. Just one person's opinion of course.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for the suggestion. I have heard very good things about the JBL monitors. They are on the short list, although even the 305s are about 3-4 times the size of the Vanatoos. Have you heard the Vanatoos? One reviewer who favorably reviewed the LSR305s said he found the Vanatoo to be a little more sonically pleasing while still having a flat response and being much smaller and having more useful features. Just one person's opinion of course.
I heard the Vanatoo Transparent Ones at RMAF several years ago, and I thought it was very good.

I can't comment on the Zero, it wasn't even on the market back then.

I suggest reading up over here a little:
http://noaudiophile.com/reviews.php

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
I heard the Vanatoo Transparent Ones at RMAF several years ago, and I thought it was very good.

I can't comment on the Zero, it wasn't even on the market back then.

I suggest reading up over here a little:
http://noaudiophile.com/reviews.php
Thanks again. Interestingly, it was the review on this site that I was mentioning above and that put me on to the Vanatoos. He seemed to like the sound of the Transparent Zero a little more than the LSR305 and suggested that the Zero was a better option than the Transparent One (which is no longer available and is being replaced by an updated version).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis