Is the Emotiva UPA-7 a good amp to purchase?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Think, Dynamics! having a added power amp takes a huge load off of your AVR, EMOTIVA amps are good. So 350 isn’t a lot of coin, plus Emotiva will do warranty transfer to another owner.

Mike
Agree with the dynamics thing, but warranty probably ran out already for that older generation Emo.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay thanks good to know!
If you can get one for $800 brand new with Denon warranty it is still the best deal for a good prepro. With the UPA-7, you will end up with 16 channels, and you only need 11. With the help of the Emo, the Denon should last practically forever, especially if you turn Eco mode on, or place a fan or two on top.:D At the current price level, I bet this thing will be out of stock everywhere before or shortly after Thanksgiving.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If you can get one for $800 brand new with Denon warranty it is still the best deal for a good prepro. With the UPA-7, you will end up with 16 channels, and you only need 11. With the help of the Emo, the Denon should last practically forever, especially if you turn Eco mode on, or place a fan or two on top.:D At the current price level, I bet this thing will be out of stock everywhere before or shortly after Thanksgiving.
That's definitely good to know I might have to swing back by there tommorow thanks again for your help!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Agree with the dynamics thing, but warranty probably ran out already for that older generation Emo.
Yeah I betcha your right on the Mark about no more warranty but the condition it's been kept in I'm hoping if I treat it right I'll be able to squeeze a couple more years out of it before I need to buy something else a man can dream! :)

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hey thanks so much for the response that's exactly what I was looking for was improving the dynamics which would help a lot in that room. Appreciate the heads up!
Your quite welcome sir!! You come to the right place, “PENG”, is very knowledgeable, a Lot more than me with the technical, the other ole timers on here will Not steer you wrong either their advice is solid.

Mike

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I betcha your right on the Mark about no more warranty but the condition it's been kept in I'm hoping if I treat it right I'll be able to squeeze a couple more years out of it before I need to buy something else a man can dream! :)
For $350, that really is a good deal based on the condition you described. Congrats!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Should we worry if he buys 2 more PB4000’s? LOL :)
It's going to be 2 PC 4000's because they will fit behind my couches. :p And Drunkpenguin is right I want all the POWER ALL OF IT.... I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Should we worry if he buys 2 more PB4000’s? LOL :)
That won't be for about 2 years but when it happens 4 of these monsters in here with 2 of them near field? It's gonna be friggin epic!!!!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok just unboxed my present. First impressions it really has been exceptionally well kept. Except for very very light scuffs on the back corners and edges it really shows no sign of wear and tear. He gave me the wrong power cord in the box though Lol. I'm going to run to Home depot see if I can grab a new one. I'll probably not have time to set it all up tonight but I'm gonna prep it for the morning.
20181001_200742.jpg
20181001_201728.jpg

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Get a heavy duty cord. My amps cable is huge compared to my avr.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My plan is this I spoke to Emotiva and they said if I run just 3 channels right now it should give me substaintally a lot more then the 125 watts for all channels given so I plan to test it out driving the front 3 and free up the AV reciever to just run the 4 surrounds. If anyone has any better suggestions please let me know I'll take any advice always open to learn

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I have a 5 chan amp. I use all 5 of them for the main 5.1. I then use the avr for the rest.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
By the way Emotiva not only spoke to me about the product they emailed me a copy of the manual I thought that was really cool of them

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For $350, that really is a good deal based on the condition you described. Congrats!
Hey Peng I have a question for you I put in 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits for each PB 4000. SVS told me I could run both of them on one of those no problem. I have each sub plugged into one each so could I run the sub and the amp on that 20amp circuit you think? If I could run both subs on one 20amp circuit I'm assuming it will handle the sub and amp no problem. What do you think?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis