Receiver for Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II

D

dmaniov

Audiophyte
I am interested in these budget speakers: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II. Purpose: stereo music listening.

All the reviews seem to indicate that they are decent speakers, even great for the price, USD 150 each.

However, some reviews indicate that you need a rather powerful receiver to get decent bass. I have a Pioneer VSX-1017TXV.-K. I am not that tech savvy, so I am not sure if the receiver is suitable for these speakers.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I am interested in these budget speakers: Polk Audio Monitor70 Series II. Purpose: stereo music listening.

All the reviews seem to indicate that they are decent speakers, even great for the price, USD 150 each.

However, some reviews indicate that you need a rather powerful receiver to get decent bass. I have a Pioneer VSX-1017TXV.-K. I am not that tech savyy, so I am not sure if they are suitable.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Those speakers are a 8 Ohm speaker, around 90 sensitivity so that unit will drive them well within moderation. I can tell you, I have those not a bad speaker but nowhere are they mid level either. They will sound good at or about reference levels they get a lil ”muddy” above reference levels. Think at about 2 O’ Clock on your volume dial. They do get loud, the best thing about those are the mids “Vocals” lowend not bad either, they are a good entry level speaker. I have driven them with a 200 watt amp and they do open up better, but at higher volume levels. For the coin 150 each ain’t bad at all.

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis