Which front speakers match B&W HTM3S center?

Pablo2k

Pablo2k

Audioholic
Hi!
I traded some stuff for a beautiful condition Bowers & Wilkins HTM3S with stand.
It replaced my HTM61 which I never really liked.
I have 863 s1 in front and 864 s1 in tears.
I think there are 804N and 804S out there.
Which one matches the tweeters on my HTM3s?
I like to upgrade my mains.
Thank you!

Pablo2k

Pablo2k

Audioholic
Oh boy, I think that thia center matches 804S and not 804N? If so, 804S are more than double than the older N. I can barely afford the N version...
I wonder if this was a bad move... I just really like how the HTM3s looked, and that I also hated my HTM61.
I never use the center speaker when I listen to music, I only use it for movies.
I don’t hear the speakers to be unbalanced when all 3 are on during a movie.
Would CM10 and 804n sound closer to this Htm3s?
Or am I just wasting money and might as well keep the 683?
Thanks again.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Looks like the 804S is the matching speaker for the HTM3s center.

I think that if you get anything less the the 800 D3, all of your friends and family will consider you a failure.

You know what you have to do...

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi!
I traded some stuff for a beautiful condition Bowers & Wilkins HTM3S with stand.
It replaced my HTM61 which I never really liked.
I have 863 s1 in front and 864 s1 in tears.
I think there are 804N and 804S out there.
Which one matches the tweeters on my HTM3s?
I like to upgrade my mains.
Thank you!
Just about any of the floorstanding 800 series speakers will a pretty good match for the HTM3, but ShadyJ was correct...the 804N and probably the 804S...I'd use it with a pr of 803s as well but if you're running subs, I wouldn't buy the 803. 804N vs 804S...I have the last gen 804M, the N is the 1st gen Nautilus series after mine. I'm thinking they have the same midrange/woofer drivers...maybe, but I don't think they changed the tweeter until the diamond series.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
In my experience, established loudspeaker brands follow a consistent sound signature, so any B&W model mains would probably work well. Centre channel audio is more focused on midrange, an area that most speakers do well at, so really I would suggest choosing the mains you can justify cost-wise vs sound quality. Your Centre Channel should mate well with any B&W mains, tonally.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis