American audio industry may suffer a blow..

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Why is it unlikely with this current non-fact driven administration? Let's bring coal back! Can you say "Pruitt"?
Pruitt led the EPA until he disgraced himself. (Well, IMO, that happened on day 1, but it took awhile to ruin him.) USGS is in the Department of Interior.
Clean coal is bullshit.
Coal is being replaced by natural gas for economic reasons, not because it's better for the environment, though it is.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pruitt led the EPA until he disgraced himself. (Well, IMO, that happened on day 1, but it took awhile to ruin him.) USGS is in the Department of Interior.
Clean coal is bullshit.
Coal is being replaced by natural gas for economic reasons, not because it's better for the environment, though it is.
Just saying if you can corrupt the EPA, USGS isn't that big of a target. Hard to believe an administration led by a pathological liar.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Manufacturering isn't coming back. Try all you want, it's not. Americans like cheap stuff, we all like cheap stuff. My speakers, amp and receiver a were made overseas. Designed here except probably Denon. I'm not sure where Denon is engineered.
America is not hallowed out. Where do you guys get this stuff from. We are hallowed out to the tune of almost 20 trillion in GDP. God I'm glad I don't one in the heads of people who believe this stuff. Good God where did it come from because we don't build a speaker or TV here? I'll say it again, almost 20 trillion GDP. Not hallowed out. Changed to a engineering, services economy from Manufacturering. Again I'm glad I don't live in the dark place who guys do. Sounds so bleak.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Americans like cheap stuff, but want to be well-paid, too. That works fine if most goods are imported, but not so much if they're made in the US. A lot of people don't seem to understand that. My dad worked for Harley Davidson and some of the others who worked there in the '70s-'80s had 'Buy Union' bumper stickers on their import cars and trucks. Nice.

One place where the US is still doing well- things that aren't commodities- specialty equipment is where we can cater to industrial/commercial clients that use these for many years, which means they HAVE TO be reliable and if a foreign manufacturer doesn't service what they sell, the whole thing falls apart literally and figuratively.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Missing a huge point. They can raise tariffs and nothing gets accomplished. TV Manufacturering isn't coming back to the US sorry. Just trade wars come out of this with no way to tell what damage will be done.
I used to think this very way but it's not reality. It's just not. Tariffs solve nothing. Oh and don't pretend we don't protect and subsidize industries. Tobbaco comdes to mind. I think 350% tariff because that is a sacred cow. We subsidize farmers for certain crops. Don't pretend we are the victim on every front. It's just sad.

Did you know that Foxxcon is building a huge new plant in SE Wisconsin, for manufacturing TVs and computer monitors?

I'm not saying that we should go into a full-out trade war with anyone but in some ways, the US has been getting hosed.

Never said anything about the US floating farms and industries, either. I don't know where you got that from what I wrote.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Countries who evade fair trade deals with the US will be subject to more tariffs.

President Trump stated that his tariffs put the United States “in a very strong bargaining position” with other countries and that cost increases, for products using steel in the United States, were “almost unnoticeable.”

Trump has threatened more than $2 billion in tariffs on China and tariffs on Canadian-built vehicles, as both countries have resisted making deals with the United States. He boasted that his steel tariffs were a great success. :) President Trump tweeted:

Our Steel Industry is the talk of the World. It has been given new life, and is thriving. Billions of Dollars is being spent on new plants all around the country!
(Sep 17, 2018)

Tariffs have put the U.S. in a very strong bargaining position, with Billions of Dollars, and Jobs, flowing into our Country - and yet cost increases have thus far been almost unnoticeable. If countries will not make fair deals with us, they will be “Tariffed!”
(Sep 17, 2018)

Thank you for putting America first, President Trump!! :cool:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Countries who evade fair trade deals with the US will be subject to more tariffs.

President Trump stated that his tariffs put the United States “in a very strong bargaining position” with other countries and that cost increases, for products using steel in the United States, were “almost unnoticeable.”

Trump has threatened more than $2 billion in tariffs on China and tariffs on Canadian-built vehicles, as both countries have resisted making deals with the United States. He boasted that his steel tariffs were a great success. :) President Trump tweeted:

Our Steel Industry is the talk of the World. It has been given new life, and is thriving. Billions of Dollars is being spent on new plants all around the country!
(Sep 17, 2018)

Tariffs have put the U.S. in a very strong bargaining position, with Billions of Dollars, and Jobs, flowing into our Country - and yet cost increases have thus far been almost unnoticeable. If countries will not make fair deals with us, they will be “Tariffed!”
(Sep 17, 2018)

Lol, you believe him?

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief

(Sep 17, 2018)

(Sep 17, 2018)

Local steel plant is supposed to reopen here in northeast ohio, 1k jobs min, all due to the tariffs. Bummy town that needs the jobs. I'll take it as win.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yup coal, and steel jobs galore. Back to the 50s we go. I can't believe you guys believe this stuff.
The guys that worked in the steel Mills and coal mines were incredible. They were great paying union jobs. It's not the 50s anymore.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Just checking in on the wreck. For those who hate POTUS guess what? He's POTUS. For those who like POTUS guess what? He's POTUS. STFU and listen to some tunes

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just checking in on the wreck. For those who hate POTUS guess what? He's POTUS. For those who like POTUS guess what? He's POTUS. STFU and listen to some tunes
Nope, not after 8 years of attacks saying the last president wasn't even American. He will get abuse from me every single day for the BS over the previous presidency.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Nope, not after 8 years of attacks saying the last president wasn't even American. He will get abuse from me every single day for the BS over the previous presidency.

Really that shallow? Just contribute to the forum. You certainly have a plethora of places to vent your anti Trump opinion. Why does this poop have to happen here? Dont tell me because he is destroying this country and it has to be said, because an equal amount of people disagree with you. Grow up, I bet your life isnt all that different than it was 4 years ago. This trivial BS is the problem in this country, govt works for us; vote and anything else is a sore loser and nothing else.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Yup coal, and steel jobs galore. Back to the 50s we go. I can't believe you guys believe this stuff.
The guys that worked in the steel Mills and coal mines were incredible. They were great paying union jobs. It's not the 50s anymore.

Unions in general are no longer the same. Yes some are still great but we've implemented a 'union' into a grocery store or restaurant. Steel jobs are no longer going to pay what they used to. Back in the 50s with infrastructure surging like crazy, it was a completely different time. To knock on the mills that are reopening because your opinion 'they dont pay' is ludicrous and in poor taste just for your dislike in the sitting president. Let me know how those 1ks of people are going to feel in a burnt up area that will be able to find work. Glad to see your side supports the working class.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Anyone that think trumps supports the middle class is delusional.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Unions in general are no longer the same. Yes some are still great but we've implemented a 'union' into a grocery store or restaurant. Steel jobs are no longer going to pay what they used to. Back in the 50s with infrastructure surging like crazy, it was a completely different time. To knock on the mills that are reopening because your opinion 'they dont pay' is ludicrous and in poor taste just for your dislike in the sitting president. Let me know how those 1ks of people are going to feel in a burnt up area that will be able to find work. Glad to see your side supports the working class.
Back to reality. I did not say a word about how the Mills of today pay anyone.
I was being nostalgic about how things used to be, contrasting that to today.
Don't lecture me about the working class, I am the working class. I drove a truck all day today. I spent my day running blacktop today. Hardly a Wall Street job.
Also don't lecture me on how to treat the "sitting president" after what the last president went through up to and including being accused of not actually being American.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I think the interesting part of the current administration's use of tariffs is thet they come from a Republican administration, the party of Free Trade, and not a Democratic one, the party of Trade Barriers. It's a fundamental shift in traditional party platforms.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I think the interesting part of the current administration's use of tariffs is thet they come from a Republican administration, the party of Free Trade, and not a Democratic one, the party of Trade Barriers. It's a fundamental shift in traditional party platforms.
You are absolutely correct. It's a major shift from the norm. Look at Canada, they have been protecting products while being some what progressive over the last 100 years. Their social policies dont align with their capitalistic ones, but they worked in their favor for years.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Back to reality. I did not say a word about how the Mills of today pay anyone.
I was being nostalgic about how things used to be, contrasting that to today.
Don't lecture me about the working class, I am the working class. I drove a truck all day today. I spent my day running blacktop today. Hardly a Wall Street job.
Also don't lecture me on how to treat the "sitting president" after what the last president went through up to and including being accused of not actually being American.

Get on the defense, you stated "were" is assuming no longer. I'm a warehouse worker on the bottom of the chain so I get the pay scales are completely flat these days. 'competitive pay' my @ss, it only means they pay what john doe smith down the road is paying. Not trying to lecture anyone, but it's cool if you took it that way. Btw look at what obama promoted in the coal industry and the bs trade agreements he supported. Screw feelings, I want change, and it has to start at the bottom

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis