American audio industry may suffer a blow..

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Manufacturering isn't coming back. Try all you want, it's not. Americans like cheap stuff, we all like cheap stuff. My speakers, amp and receiver a were made overseas. Designed here except probably Denon. I'm not sure where Denon is engineered.
America is not hallowed out. Where do you guys get this stuff from. We are hallowed out to the tune of almost 20 trillion in GDP. God I'm glad I don't one in the heads of people who believe this stuff. Good God where did it come from because we don't build a speaker or TV here? I'll say it again, almost 20 trillion GDP. Not hallowed out. Changed to a engineering, services economy from Manufacturering. Again I'm glad I don't live in the dark place who guys do. Sounds so bleak.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I'm gonna suggest that you not be single minded. If we as a country dont step up now, the generations to come will be screwed. No country should be at a disadvantage regarding imports and exports. I'll gladly pay 50% more if products were produced in the USA or imported. When I got into this hobby a McIntosh 200wpc solid state amp was just below $1500. American made, but you could still get a Quad amp for less money. It's all relative

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm gonna suggest that you not be single minded. If we as a country dont step up now, the generations to come will be screwed. No country should be at a disadvantage regarding imports and exports. I'll gladly pay 50% more if products were produced in the USA or imported. When I got into this hobby a McIntosh 200wpc solid state amp was just below $1500. American made, but you could still get a Quad amp for less money. It's all relative
50% more, oh Jesus Christ. If you were to do a poll on that I'd love to see the results. No one is screwed. It's just less of a manufacturing economy. Also guys we still manufacturer more than you think. Robots killed more jobs than off shoring. I hate to tell you. What's next, ban automation too?
Either adapt to the new world or be left behind. It's just the way it is. I had to adjust when the industry I worked in for 12 years died. It can be done, I'm on my feet again. I only have a high school education. Than goodness for the CDL and large trucks.
And I'll say this again. Almost a 20 trillion dollar GDP. We are still the leader of the world period. Stop being so negative.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
50% more, oh Jesus Christ. If you were to do a poll on that I'd love to see the results. No one is screwed. It's just less of a manufacturing economy. Also guys we still manufacturer more than you think. Robots killed more jobs than off shoring. I hate to tell you. What's next, ban automation too?
Either adapt to the new world or be left behind. It's just the way it is. I had to adjust when the industry I worked in for 12 years died. It can be done, I'm on my feet again. I only have a high school education. Than goodness for the CDL and large trucks.
And I'll say this again. Almost a 20 trillion dollar GDP. We are still the leader of the world period. Stop being so negative.

Just like the percentage is high for drilling in the Everglades for cheaper gas. You have to take some stands. Through age comes wisdom

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Just like the percentage is high for drilling in the Everglades for cheaper gas. You have to take some stands. Through age comes wisdom
Yeah because the oil companies and drillers are just so responsible. Let's destroy ever beautiful corner of the country for oil.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Please do not remove this thread. Not that it’s exciting. I’m just waiting for Flat-Earthers and Sanders Supporters to join in. That’s when it’s really gonna get good.
What we really need is for the Q anon crowd to show up. Since they are being banned from every other social media platform, they are going to need a new internet club to hang out- this thread could be it! There is nothing I love better than an elaborate conspiracy theory flowchart.

Bones3DFC

Bones3DFC

Enthusiast
Add a dash of the rare, Jehovah’s Witness embracing technology just a pinch long enough to join an Internet conversation such as this and we might just find ourselves bargaining with someone in Hollywood for the rights to use this thread as a movie script :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
We all know what happened there, but, you know,...narrative. So I'll just leave this right here, snowflake:

So, according to Snopes, someone called a NY radio station and claimed to be a Puerto Rico Police Officer stating that Mayor Cruz obstructed the delivery of rescue supplies. They maintained anonymity for fear of losing their job.
I know a lot of police officers and most of them would be ready to give up their job if they saw hundreds/thousand dying needlessly. But, maybe not every one of them!
However, if you have a group of police officers, you cannot expect me to believe that only the one who is afraid of losing their job is going to call NY while the rest stand by and watch 100's of people they are sworn to protect die.
You may look at the people of Puerto Rico as sub-human animals, but I know a few and they are good people. If there were supplies being blocked from delivery, it would impossible in such a close community to keep it from becoming knowledge and preventing rebellion at the local level. (but let's call a NY radio station instead! That way we can wait until everyone has died before anything happens!)

Do you have a source verifying that the FBI is investigating Mayor Cruz for this? I could not find anything from a reliable source!

She made a lot of enemies when she spoke out against Trump. All it takes is one person punking a radio station and the people who want it to be, become convinced it is fact?

I can buy that Cruz (one person) could reasonably be an evil person willing to let people die for some deranged personal agenda. I cannot buy that supplies were being deliberately obstructed by her from reaching people in need and all of the people involved in the receipt/accrual of those supplies stood by and watched others suffer/die without doing a thing!

Use some common sense!

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
none of my audio components are made in China .........

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Is this the excuse I need for ordering a Monolith or Outlaw amp this week? :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So, according to Snopes, someone called a NY radio station and claimed to be a Puerto Rico Police Officer stating that Mayor Cruz obstructed the delivery of rescue supplies. They maintained anonymity for fear of losing their job.
I know a lot of police officers and most of them would be ready to give up their job if they saw hundreds/thousand dying needlessly. But, maybe not every one of them!
However, if you have a group of police officers, you cannot expect me to believe that only the one who is afraid of losing their job is going to call NY while the rest stand by and watch 100's of people they are sworn to protect die.
You may look at the people of Puerto Rico as sub-human animals, but I know a few and they are good people. If there were supplies being blocked from delivery, it would impossible in such a close community to keep it from becoming knowledge and preventing rebellion at the local level. (but let's call a NY radio station instead! That way we can wait until everyone has died before anything happens!)

Do you have a source verifying that the FBI is investigating Mayor Cruz for this? I could not find anything from a reliable source!

She made a lot of enemies when she spoke out against Trump. All it takes is one person punking a radio station and the people who want it to be, become convinced it is fact?

I can buy that Cruz (one person) could reasonably be an evil person willing to let people die for some deranged personal agenda. I cannot buy that supplies were being deliberately obstructed by her from reaching people in need and all of the people involved in the receipt/accrual of those supplies stood by and watched others suffer/die without doing a thing!

Use some common sense!
Trump supporters don't need petty things like 'reliable sources' for their information. Anything they are told that is emotionally satisfying is automatically true. Save your trifling 'critical thinking' for the ivory tower, professor egghead!

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah because the oil companies and drillers are just so responsible. Let's destroy ever beautiful corner of the country for oil.

That seems like a reasonable and well thought out reply.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That seems like a reasonable and well thought out reply.
Thanks it is. Oil pipelines are leaking nearly every week. Every hear of BP. It's better than drill everywhere who cares what damage it does. That is not reasonable.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Oklahoma is the new earth quake capital. Either oil is damaging the environment or god hates Oklahoma.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Curious if that's drumpf-tainted info....
Unlikely. The web page says the primary source of the water being disposed of is a by-product of oil and gas production. It sure looks like a web page based on science, not a pro or anti oil & gas agenda.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unlikely. The web page says the primary source of the water being disposed of is a by-product of oil and gas production. It sure looks like a web page based on science, not a pro or anti oil & gas agenda.
Why is it unlikely with this current non-fact driven administration? Let's bring coal back! Can you say "Pruitt"?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Why is it unlikely with this current non-fact driven administration? Let's bring coal back! Can you say "Pruitt"?
Coals peak employment hit in the 20s. Yeah it'll get to that level any day now. Here is a funny phrase, clean coal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis