RX A3080 Audio problems ongoing.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Is anyone else having problems? Use private response if you want. I spoke to Yamaha support but they weren’t much help.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is anyone else having problems? Use private response if you want. I spoke to Yamaha support but they weren’t much help.
I'm sorry your continuing to have issues. There havent been widespread reports of issues so its tuff. If it's still the 9ch thingy, I'd just give up on it. Other than preamp and amplification of original recordings, I'm not to concerned. Although my network features work flawlessly, I still use a seperate streaming box. I just try to dumb it down to silly.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Thank you for the thought. It’s not so much the 9ch thing because I can use different modes and it’s ok it’s just I paid a lot and I expect everything to work right. It also KILLS the resale value if mine does not work right and there are others for sale that do.

Would you want it?

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Help if you're more specific about ongoing issues....is returning it no longer an option? I forget but seems like you're probably beyond the return period. Resale value on an avr isn't a big consideration for me in any case as I just put them to use somewhere else when I upgrade....

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You and I are different. Need to sell the old one to help afford the next one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
These issues only happen with WiFi music streaming or both WiFi and Bluetooth?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You and I are different. Need to sell the old one to help afford the next one.
Not any more really, I'm retired on a budget, too (and a limited one so I could retire way earlier than most). I simply choose to make this enough of a priority when I buy something that I still know a use for the older piece. I may want to fill more rooms than you, tho :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about vs hardwired? I know this is not what you want particularly, just curious if it makes a difference....

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
How about vs hardwired? I know this is not what you want particularly, just curious if it makes a difference....

Haven’t tried that. The router is at the other end of house. I use 4 Google mesh units for the wireless and have great strong internet.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Haven’t tried that. The router is at the other end of house. I use 4 Google mesh units for the wireless and have great strong internet.
The idea of isolating the issue is a good troubleshooting step. I’m guessing if signal was dropping you would lose pandora and then it would reconnect. Not audio dropping while the pandora song is playing. I know if you manage to drop pandora it starts the next song. My V681 has a weaker antenna than my A770 and A2060 so that is how I know.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That may well be your problem. Have you really tested that Mesh system? I have done some reading on it. Google Mesh is mainly about coverage and not through put.

In any event for AV work I have found Wi-Fi far inferior to hard wire. Even right next to a very good and powerful router Wi-Fi does not test like hard wire. I now use hard wire to AV systems no matter where located.

Test your system by using DSL reports at your receiver location point. Use DSL Reports and not other testing systems which give you a false sense of performance.

My view is that Wi-Fi systems are over hyped and under performing and you don't get the performance you think you get.

As systems develop and get more complex, as per your receiver for instance, more and more are advocating going back to wired rather than wireless connection.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
DSL Reports says 48.9Msps and I have tested Mesh 4 times. Dish box right next to it says 100% net. Just as over kill I have 2 Mesh receivers in the same room, 1 on each side of room.

Talked to 2nd level tech and tweeked 1 setting. It’s “better” but still doing it. I’ve asked that they swap units with me, we will see if they do. I told them if 2nd did same thing then it must be me.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

DSL Reports says 48.9Msps and I have tested Mesh 4 times. Dish box right next to it says 100% net. Just as over kill I have 2 Mesh receivers in the same room, 1 on each side of room.

Talked to 2nd level tech and tweeked 1 setting. It’s “better” but still doing it. I’ve asked that they swap units with me, we will see if they do. I told them if 2nd did same thing then it must be me.
Have you read this? It may give you pointer so placement.

What are the specs of the service you are paying for? Who is the provider and how is it delivered, Coax cable, phone, fiber?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
When I lived in my old apartment in Philly, my router was in one room and my system was in another. I ended up getting a 75 feet long cat 6 cable and just ran it along the wood work and behind the equipment rack. My cable guy used a heavy duty staple gun to secure the cat 6 to the woodwork. If hard wire is at all a possibility I would give it a try.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

45Mbps and ATT Fiber.
Well that begs the question as to how much competition in the home, there is for that 45 Mbps connection. If it is like my home there are a myriad of devices competing for that bandwidth. For me a 50 Mbps connection did not get the job done, but a 250 Mbps has.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Help if you're more specific about ongoing issues....is returning it no longer an option? I forget but seems like you're probably beyond the return period. Resale value on an avr isn't a big consideration for me in any case as I just put them to use somewhere else when I upgrade....

There was no return period. I was told Yamaha would accept NO RETURNS at any time, Day 1 on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There was no return period. I was told Yamaha would accept NO RETURNS at any time, Day 1 on.
It's not usually the manufacturer that accepts returns at all....that's a retailer function. Why I buy from those with some sort of return policy, preferably at least 30 days. What retailer offered none at all?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think the only thing new vs last year is the AI feature. Maybe in the manual it says if that can be disabled? Maybe in pure direct mode or straight mode?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis