Opinions on Vandersteen VCC 1 center speaker?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I see. Someone pointed out to me that the jbl only goes down to 75hz so Iran not possible to put the receiver’s crossover at 80hz. Do you think that’s true? And if yes, is it of significant importance?
I do not understand.

If the speaker goes to 75 hz, why would you not be able to set the LFE crossover at 80 hz?

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
Maybe because it’s -3db at 75hz? I don’t know either.

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
I’m really worried that the jbl would be inferior to my mains since it’s plastic and was cheap to begin with. I’ve already talked to the Focal seller yesterday and I plan on hearing it today. I won’t mind it being different from the mains as long as it doesn’t sound worse. I’ll update later today. Thanks for the help so far.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe because it’s -3db at 75hz? I don’t know either.
The crossover to the sub typically depends on whether your speaker or sub are ported or sealed and where the speaker f3 is. Ported speakers roll of very steep at their f3 (24db), so blending requires around a half of octave higher than the f3. Sealed wouldnt have to be as high as the roll of is very shallow at 12db per octave.

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
Got to hear some shitty music through the focal, I liked it and picked it up. Mint condition. Will install tomorrow and update with thoughts. Thanks!

Y

yonyz

Audioholic
Ok, got to use it for a few tv episodes of Paradise PD. Also tried some 5.1 lossless-audio trailers. I like how clear dialogue is, however I can definitely tell that vocals eminate from below the tv. I did calibrate with audyssey and did make sure the tweeter is aimed at my ears. I should mention that I’m only 4 feet or so from the center speaker, perhaps with more distance it would sound less directional?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis