New Yamaha RX A3080 problem.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Pandora app doesn’t work correctly. Why? I can’t select which artist I want or even show my channels. Sent Yamaha support 3 emails asking for help with no response and it’s been a WEEK.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
You got it set up already! Sweet!! Outside of the Pandora thing How are you liking it? Have you tried a movie yet to see how the AI works with it’s on the fly automatic adjustments surround? Thoughts please!! Oh I’m sure PENG, M Code will chime in with help better than what I can on the streaming thing. I am still learning how to use streaming on my 7790 unit.

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I also sent Yamaha an email. Will see if they have an answer to this Pandora app.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You got it set up already! Sweet!! Outside of the Pandora thing How are you liking it? Have you tried a movie yet to see how the AI works with it’s on the fly automatic adjustments surround? Thoughts please!! Oh I’m sure PENG, M Code will chime in with help better than what I can on the streaming thing. I am still learning how to use streaming on my 7790 unit.

Mike
Give me some time. Haven’t watched any movies but extre watts (150 now) and make believe 9 channels sound GOOD!

Try to post more as I learn more and get it Setup. AI sounds like a loudness setting.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pandora app doesn’t work correctly. Why? I can’t select which artist I want or even show my channels. Sent Yamaha support 3 emails asking for help with no response and it’s been a WEEK.
So what does it do exactly, jump right into a play mode of quick mix or a particular station? I assume you've already got your various artists' stations setup from your pc or using a previous app? What happens if you back arrow from the current play mode to the "my station" list ? (this is what I can do with my Denon, assume it works similarly for Yamaha) More description of what you see in the GUI might help....

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
There is no back arrow. When I start Pandora it just continues where it was, same channel and no way to select another channel. I’m using same thing as on the RX A1050 where it worked for 3 years.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your remote doesn't have a set of forward/backward/up/down arrows?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
There is no back arrow. When I start Pandora it just continues where it was, same channel and no way to select another channel. I’m using same thing as on the RX A1050 where it worked for 3 years.
I usually select pandora then press On Screen button then you can change stations there. (I have 2060, 770, & 681). Or, on the Yamaha controller app or on the Yamaha MusicCast app.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Just revived this;

The newer receiver's require for you to log into your Pandora input via the MusicCast application from an iOs or Android device.

Click on the Yamaha link below to download the Pandora supplement with instructions on how to login via the application:

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/954745/web_AV16-0078_RX-Vx83_Supplement_for_Pandora_OSD_UCA_En.pdf

Let me know if you have any further questions
Best Regards,

Means I have another device open and there’s not room. What if I don’t have another device? WILL Yamaha buy 1 for me? They could have said this BEFORE I bought the AVR.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You don't have a mobile device to use the app with? The regular remote for the Yamaha avr is useless with Pandora? I wouldn't like that....

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You don't have a mobile device to use the app with? The regular remote for the Yamaha avr is useless with Pandora? I wouldn't like that....
I didn’t say I don’t but said they didn’t tell me BEFORE I bought it. It’s way different than it used to be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis