I need help - 75 inch Samsung MU6070 connected to Sony HT ST5000 Dolby Atmos

S

Sunny’s system

Audiophyte
Hi I’m looking for some help.

I have the UN75MU6070 Samsung television which I believe supports Dolby Digitally plus output and I recently purchased the Sony HT ST5000 Doby Atmos Sound bar.

I just want to make sure I connect the two correctly so that everything works as expected and I’m afraid I may not know what I’m doing.

Will these two units be compatible? Will Dolby Atmos work or does my TV not support it? Currently they are connected as such:

Soundbar (HDMI ARC OUT) - TV (HDMI ARC IN)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sounds like you've got it hooked up correctly, but you need to make sure CEC/ARC is enabled on your TV or you aren't going to get any sound output.

S

Sunny’s system

Audiophyte
Sounds like you've got it hooked up correctly, but you need to make sure CEC/ARC is enabled on your TV or you aren't going to get any sound output.
Hey, appreciate your response.

I’ve checked and CEC/ARC is enabled and sound is coming through I’m just not sure what my soundbar is receiving. For example my Xbox one and my cable box are going directly into the TV while my sound bar is only connected via ARC; doesn’t this mean that the TV is passing through the Audio for the Xbox and cable box to my receiver? My concern is that my TV is not passing through Dolby Atmos format and Dolby digital plus if that makes sense ?

Apologizes for not knowing too much just want to make sure I’m not wasting money on equipment that isn’t compatible with one another.

Thanks again

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Technically Dolby Digital Plus can carry Atmos meta data, but it's not "true" Atmos. It's a sound bar so you won't notice, but still. If sound is coming out then the TV will pass through DTS and Dolby Digital/+ and 2ch PCM usually.

I'm guessing there isn't an Atmos indicator on the sound bar?

S

Sunny’s system

Audiophyte
An Atmos indicator meaning it tells your when Atmos is being utilized ? No it does not... wouldn’t that be nice.

Appreciate your time on this once again. I feel more comfortable about this :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis