JBL LSR6332 on sale for $1,099 each

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Left and Right. If you want a highly accurate speaker with very good dynamic range, just buy these. Not the highest WAF, but excellent performance metrics:

This is outstanding. Blows away most so-called "high-end" speakers that cost many times this price. If you think speakers should just turn the electrical signal into an acoustic analog with little deformation, just buy these. This is truly high-end performance in a humble package.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
If I was in the market for new speakers, this is probably what I would have ended up with. I feel I got close to this with the Fusion-12 Tempests, at any rate.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have heard the Fusion 15s, and they are very good, so I am sure the Fusion 12s are also very good. The LSR6332 probably have a wider dispersion pattern, so they wouldn't sound quite the same, but both are great speakers.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
The LSR6332 probably have a wider dispersion pattern, so they wouldn't sound quite the same, but both are great speakers.
Perhaps. But like the LSR305, it is hard to make the Tempest found in an average sized room. I have yet been able to realize an off axis experience from these speakers, even when walking almost point blank to them. The LSR305 is the same way. Admittedly, these two types are my first, in-home experience with horn speakers of any kind.

Either way, I'll take your word for it.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Perhaps. But like the LSR305, it is hard to make the Tempest found in an average sized room. I have yet been able to realize an off axis experience from these speakers, even when walking almost point blank to them. The LSR305 is the same way. Admittedly, these two types are my first, in-home experience with horn speakers of any kind.

Either way, I'll take your word for it.
Trying listening in Mono. It is far more revealing about the exact timbre of a speaker, as well as the sense of envelopment a specific loudspeaker can create. Stereo only serves to mask issues and make side by side comparison nearly impossible!

That said, I am still not sure this price would make me jump, I think I'd still prefer the extensive room integration capabilities of the JBL 7 series - not to mention the ability to save on amps!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Trying listening in Mono. It is far more revealing about the exact timbre of a speaker, as well as the sense of envelopment a specific loudspeaker can create. Stereo only serves to mask issues and make side by side comparison nearly impossible!

That said, I am still not sure this price would make me jump, I think I'd still prefer the extensive room integration capabilities of the JBL 7 series - not to mention the ability to save on amps!
I did listen in mono when I built them, being as I built them one at a time. I listened to one speaker by itself for a few days and was actually surprised that not only could I could stand to listen in mono, but that it could actually sound good.

I'm not into home theater and I still prefer a more studio style of 2 channel listening, being that I can sit still for an entire album or 3, as a form of relaxation. Room integration ends up falling somewhat by the wayside and a lot of different speakers end up fitting the bill.

I do own 3 pairs of JBL speakers and have been a fan since the 70's. They always manage to march to the beat of their own drum, in spite of current trends, or being trendsetters in their own right.

If I were to buy a set of main JBL speakers new, I would tend to choose those that are rebuildable and that JBL would likely stock parts for, futuristically speaking.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I did listen in mono when I built them, being as I built them one at a time. I listened to one speaker by itself for a few days and was actually surprised that not only could I could stand to listen in mono, but that it could actually sound good.

I'm not into home theater and I still prefer a more studio style of 2 channel listening, being that I can sit still for an entire album or 3, as a form of relaxation. Room integration ends up falling somewhat by the wayside and a lot of different speakers end up fitting the bill.

I do own 3 pairs of JBL speakers and have been a fan since the 70's. They always manage to march to the beat of their own drum, in spite of current trends, or being trendsetters in their own right.

If I were to buy a set of main JBL speakers new, I would tend to choose those that are rebuildable and that JBL would likely stock parts for, futuristically speaking.
If you have 3, you could easily run any standard Surround Decoder in an L/C/R arrangement. Some older movies that were recorded in stereo, still tend to sound better that way, but I leave my 3 Inwall Triad's in surround for everything else.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis