KEF Q100 or Infinity Reference 162

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Mine came in today. And the RC263 as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ditto, but no RC263 for me.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to unpack them for a few days!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ditto, but no RC263 for me.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to unpack them for a few days!
The RC263 looks like a good design, and the current price is excellent. Btw, the Infinity Primus c351 center speaker is, by far, the best measuring center speaker I have dealt with to date.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The RC263 looks like a good design, and the current price is excellent. Btw, the Infinity Primus c351 center speaker is, by far, the best measuring center speaker I have dealt with to date.
That is pretty high praise; although I don't remember you reviewing many centers.

I just don't care much about centers - 95% music/5% HT!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That is pretty high praise; although I don't remember you reviewing many centers.

I just don't care much about centers - 95% music/5% HT!
I have measured a bunch of MTMs and they all suffer from the same lobing effects. I have measured WMTWs, and they do so much better.

Here are some graphs: there is some lobing from the midrange drivers but they don't really occur until 40 degrees off axis. But look how flat the response in the profile view is! The high frequency roll off is from the preamp, btw, so in reality the c351 extends to 20 kHz. Those CMMD midrange drivers are just awesome, they perform waaaay above their price point (I got this speaker for $200). The c351 was an absolute bargain in its time, and I imagine that the Infinity Reference is the same at the moment.

Attachments

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Absolutely. I am still running thru some movies this morning and the CR263 is really impressive. I love the R162's and plan on keeping them in the HT, but the center is just out performing my expectations wonderfully. But again, this is a guy coming from a Paradigm CC50 as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis