XTZ Cinema 3X12 Subwoofer Review: Best Value in High Performance Subs?

T

Tim_Saxton

Enthusiast
The 3X12 specifically I'm smitten with. I personally have run a Funk Audio 18.0SE and am close to getting a Funk Audio 21.0 (Nathan is just finishing it up) which is a devastating sub. Disturbingly so.

While the 3X12 isn't an ideal size (bit tall for my room - blocks projector screen) the stack-ability is awesome as is the performance for dollar. That said the Funk is a different consideration altogether...ported vs Sealed (21.0) - most powerful home theatre sub driver in existence, single digit extension and prodigious output all around. 5kw amp doesn't hurt either. But, barring my Funk Audio sub purchase , I would be looking at the XTZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would guess the Golden Ear sub is unlikely to have the output, low distortion or overall performance of the 3X12. I would be interested in seeing tests of the Golden Ear sub though, an interesting design though for squeezing a lot of output from a small box. One serious advantage that the Golden Ear sub has is it does not weight 170 lbs.
Hey Shady J I was browsing this article and was curious about they're products so I just checked out they're XTZ U.S. store website. This sub looks like it is on sale they're now for $1500. Did I just work too hard at work today or something? If that's the price now that's one serious subwoofer for that kind off money. I'm gonna contact them myself just to clarify but can you possibly let me know if I'm right? or do I need time off from work Lol Thnx!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Shady J I was browsing this article and was curious about they're products so I just checked out they're XTZ U.S. store website. This sub looks like it is on sale they're now for $1500. Did I just work too hard at work today or something? If that's the price now that's one serious subwoofer for that kind off money. I'm gonna contact them myself just to clarify but can you possibly let me know if I'm right? or do I need time off from work Lol Thnx!
They only list 3X12 Demo! So, apparently this is the price for demo units and they say none are in stock!
They say:
Currently out of stock, please E-Mail us for status.
It is interesting that they do not list the 3X12 at regular (non-demo) price! I can think of two scenarios to explain it:
1) This model has been discontinued, so the only ones they might sell are used "demo" units.
2) They are having a difficult time gaining a presence in the US market so decided to discount the price and attempt to build a name here. So they don't piss off European customers, they call them demo units.

Hopefully ShadyJ can get the real story or if you email them, please share what you find out!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They only list 3X12 Demo! So, apparently this is the price for demo units and they say none are in stock!
They say:

It is interesting that they do not list the 3X12 at regular (non-demo) price! I can think of two scenarios to explain it:
1) This model has been discontinued, so the only ones they might sell are used "demo" units.
2) They are having a difficult time gaining a presence in the US market so decided to discount the price and attempt to build a name here. So they don't piss off European customers, they call them demo units.

Hopefully ShadyJ can get the real story or if you email them, please share what you find out!
Hey appreciate the heads up KEW I'm gonna for sure email them and try to get back at ya guys as soon as I can with anything I find out.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They say:

Hey Kew every time I try to submit my email they say I deleted my Webform and give me really weird instructions on how to resend it they have a contact # I'm gonna try to call it tommorow. ..... Weird.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Kew every time I try to submit my email they say I deleted my Webform and give me really weird instructions on how to resend it they have a contact # I'm gonna try to call it tommorow. ..... Weird.
Yeah, I noticed some weirdness on their website as well when I was wanting to look at products! The "U.S. Store" section was more reliable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis