Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hung the TV. Could have been a little higher, but it’s not half bad. I may take it off and move the brackets to try and get a couple inches higher, but it’s all good for now. Really happy with the TV hung though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Looks good!
The finish on the center looks like a perfect match as far as I can tell from this photo!
Do you mind listing what gear is in this picture?
Are those bookshelf speakers or tiny subs below the turntable and behind the Right speaker?
Thanks!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks good!
The finish on the center looks like a perfect match as far as I can tell from this photo!
Do you mind listing what gear is in this picture?
Are those bookshelf speakers or tiny subs below the turntable and behind the Right speaker?
Thanks!
Uhhh well in no particular order there’s

A custom sub with Pierce Audio driver
Philharmonic 3’s
Those little black things are book shelf speakers which will become surround channels. EMP-E41B’s or something like that
A custom center channel with RAAL tweeter and SB ceramic cone drivers
Sony 65” 900e
Xbox One S
Marantz 8801
Peavey IPR2 5000
Outlaw Model 5000
Threshold S/300e
APC S15
Pro-Ject TT something or other in zebra wood
And hidden behind everything is an Amazon fire 4K and a couple HDMI splitters to get 4K and junk to the TV from the Xbox and fire 4K.

The Center is actually still bare and needs a finish on it. The speakers and stand are maple and the center is birch plywood. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it, but I just don’t have time now, so I gave it a quick sand and sent it into duty.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks!

You have scraps to play with finishing, but I would probably just leave it (myself) or paint it black. It looks like a match in the photo, but I suspect you will not get a good match between Birch vs Maple after a finish is applied.

Minwax Antique Oil is a pretty easy to apply with consistent results finish, if you want something that will pop the grain while avoiding a gloss (and wear well).

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Your set-up looks pretty good, and the overall sound with the center speakers must be fantastic.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hung the TV. Could have been a little higher, but it’s not half bad. I may take it off and move the brackets to try and get a couple inches higher, but it’s all good for now. Really happy with the TV hung though.

Looks great, but hurts my eyes to see stuff sitting on top of those Phils :eek:

And....Is that a plant on you sub? Is this what WAF / GAF has come to? :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Your setup looks pretty good, and the overall sound with the center speakers must be fantastic.
It needs a little calibration, but overall it sounds great. I’m also aiming to get the surround channels installed, but so far so good!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great, but hurts my eyes to see stuff sitting on top of those Phils :eek:

And....Is that a plant on you sub? Is this what WAF / GAF has come to? :p
Oh the plant was without my knowledge and thanks to the plant that sub needs to get rebuilt. :rolleyes:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice Alex! I love the Maple too! The sub looks rather impressive as well. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
JVC out, LG OLED in. It was a massive downsizing in the HT room, since in the last two HT rooms I've run I've had 135" and 92" screens. The downsizing has been more than worth it so far if for no other reason than I'm currently utilizing my current HT room with the shades wide open. Moving the couch a little closer has helped offset the size difference and when the TV mount arrives this week it should help get the tv a couple inches closer to the main seating position too. I'll have to post more on PQ and the other stuff later on.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

JVC out, LG OLED in. It was a massive downsizing in the HT room, since in the last two HT rooms I've run I've had 135" and 92" screens.

This second photo really threw me!
If it is the HT room, what is the first photo of?
Are these kit/DIY speakers?
What are the subs? They look sealed?
It seems like at one point you were considering building a sub that was close to the size of a full-size refrigerator. Did cooler heads prevail (what you have here looks pretty ample to me)?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The first photo is the living room. Which reminds me, I still need to grind off the bottom pieces of mounting bracket so I can fit the center speaker under the TV.

The center speaker in the living room is a kit speaker, the tower speakers and center in the HT room are from Source Technology, and the subs are TC Sounds LMS Ultras.

Oh the refrigerator subwoofer is still coming. The original cabinet got some water damage and mold so I need to rebuild it, but I still have the drivers and the plan will move forward. The issue currently, is that I tried to buy an amplifier that would have adequately powered the subs, but the supplier had issues with importing them. The next best option was more expensive so I’ve been holding off which led to me spending my subwoofer money on trying to grow grass.
This second photo really threw me!
If it is the HT room, what is the first photo of?
Are these kit/DIY speakers?
What are the subs? They look sealed?
It seems like at one point you were considering building a sub that was close to the size of a full-size refrigerator. Did cooler heads prevail (what you have here looks pretty ample to me)?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What size? Did you go sealed or ported on these?
They're 18" sealed. Ported would have been wayyy too big. They need like 12 cuft or more, I forget the exact number, to perform even remotely ok ported.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis