New Trend in Theater Seating?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When it comes to home theater seating, I have always preferred comfort over the typical theater seatings -lying down, instead of sitting upright.

So when I built my new house and theater room, I just put a new king size bed into my home theater room.

Now I'm seeing pictures of commercial theaters with beds, instead of chairs, and people are lying down, instead of sitting up. LOL. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
that’s fun. Although I still think I’d take an electric recline seat.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If I want to do that, I'll stay home. I already start to fall asleep in the recliners.

Uh, not the snoring you need to worry about lol. It is when other things start to happen...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's all good until the snoring starts.
That is definitely a drawback. :D

It's okay when you're at home. I mean when you're at home and you doze off, that's not an issue. I do that all the time. I absolutely love lying on my soft comfy bed in my HT room. :D

But when there are 100 people in the room and 20 people snore, that's a problem.

I guess they better have someone watch for the snoring and intervene when that happens. :D

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
The ushers who have to clean up the theaters after each screening are going to LOVE this one. Now they'll have to change linens and make beds too. Haha.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
People might start having sex in there while movie is going in.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
All the responses are things I was thinking about when I first read the post. Absolutely hilarious:D Yeah horizontal at home sometimes, for sure. But when I'm at the movies, a nice comfortable reclining seat is all I need.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Just think what this will do for speaker stands. Bookshelf speakers would be floor standers.

You know what a great trend for HT furniture would be? Get rid of the leather/pleather and exchange it for cloth.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Just think what this will do for speaker stands. Bookshelf speakers would be floor standers.

You know what a great trend for HT furniture would be? Get rid of the leather/pleather and exchange it for cloth.
I agree! While I personally prefer leather overall, I have also been absolutely drooling over some of the Moovia lines. They do a bunch of stuff in high end fabrics. This is one of my favs:
https://theaterseating.com/chair_model/monaco/

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree! While I personally prefer leather overall, I have also been absolutely drooling over some of the Moovia lines. They do a bunch of stuff in high end fabrics. This is one of my favs:
https://theaterseating.com/chair_model/monaco/
THATS what I’m taking about!
I think I liked the Monaco the best, but the Venice is gorgeous, and pretty much all are interesting. I might have to sell one of my kids but hey...
Edit: couldn’t find any pricing. Maybe I’m safe!

Last edited:
Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
THATS what I’m taking about!
I think I liked the Monaco the best, but the Venice is gorgeous, and pretty much all are interesting. I might have to sell one of my kids but hey...
Edit: couldn’t find any pricing. Maybe I’m safe!
Yeah, they ain't cheap. I tried being a dealer for them, and Moovia was awesome to work with, but unfortunately I never was able to sell any, even with super high end clientele. They were definitely my most expensive line, but there really was nothing on the market quite like them. My favorite seats in the industry by a mile. They're made in Germany and Hungary I believe with really high end Danish textiles and Italian leathers. Best part is they will make ANYTHING you want. Want Dbox? Done. Want a built in, popout wine chiller in your arm rest? Done. If they don't have it, they'll make it for you. Discount Bob's Chinese made home theater seats these are not.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Its not a trend I would want or take advantage of. A comfy recliner is all I will ever want

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Ok, I can see relaxing and the last person who comes in has only one choice, to lay down next to me, and it is not somebody I would want to have beside me. No Thanks...

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
People might start having sex in there while movie is going in.
My thoughts exactly. "We're just spooning, I swear!"
Somehow I feel like it's less sanitary also. But hey, for your own home, seems like a nice solution.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Ok, I can see relaxing and the last person who comes in has only one choice, to lay down next to me, and it is not somebody I would want to have beside me. No Thanks...
What if it's Scarlett Johansson?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So am I the only one on this forum (possibly all audio forums) who enjoys lying down on a soft pillow and bed and cover himself under a big soft blanket AT HOME while watching movies and TV shows? :D

Of course, I would NOT want to do this at the movie theater! I only want to do this at home.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis