Adding Equalizer ( Alesis Deq 830)

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Good day fellas. I recently added an equalizer to my system and i love the sound improvement especially when watching live concerts on my projector. Great sound stage and imaging but the problem is, i am getting a noise from my speakers. (loop) I don't know if it's from the Eq or has to do with the ground loop. I tried if i cab reset the EQ to facory default but unfortunately i couldn't. Does anyone has a knowledge about Alesis Deq 830? Any help will be appreciated.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
What sort of noise? (Hint: hum equals ground loop, hiss equals s/n issue)

Also, some pro kit is not really compatible with home kit (e.g. much pro kit operates at different line level voltages, and some sport s/n specs catering for pro applications, where low s/n is not as important, rather than home audio, where lower s/n is much more critical).

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
What sort of noise? (Hint: hum equals ground loop, hiss equals s/n issue)

Also, some pro kit is not really compatible with home kit (e.g. much pro kit operates at different line level voltages, and some sport s/n specs catering for pro applications, where low s/n is not as important, rather than home audio, where lower s/n is much more critical).
Thank you. When i connect it via the Behringer 2496 it's amazing without S/N hiss. But i am limited to only 2 channel. Whereas the Alesis Deq 830 has 8 channel which makes the hiss noise. Even if it's only 2 channels i coonect it to.
Secondly, if i connect my player directly to the INPUTS of both EQS, and the OUTPUT from the EQS to my preamp INPUTS, there is no hiss or any kind of noise at all. The only thing i hate to do is, when i want to watch a movie in Dolby or DTS, I have to move to switch the EQ.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis