GoldenEar DigitalAktiv 3 Wi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Speaker manufacturer GoldenEar released details for their ultra-high performance powered/wireless DigitalAktiv 3 Bookshelf speaker. With a 6” cast-basket bass/midrange driver, the same HVFR tweeter used in the Triton Reference, and two inertially balanced 8” passive radiators, if these speakers sound as good as the numbers suggest they may be among the best new wireless speakers we've seen in 2018…period.

goldenear.jpg

Read: GoldenEar DigitalAktiv 3 Wi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker Preview

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have to say, it was a little surprising walking into CES and the GE room only to see one speaker on a stand that was just for display only and no actual demo going on.

That being said, if you look at the design, and the separate amps driving the MVFR tweeter and Bass drivers, it looks like that this might be the centerpiece of my 2 Channel room I was going to make out of my 3rd bedroom. The price point seems very reasonable, its AB amps integrated into the speaker and NO WIRES!

I am quite ready to jump on the bandwagon, surprise (I only own a few GE speakers LOL), but I will have to hear these bad boys first.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have to say, it was a little surprising walking into CES and the GE room only to see one speaker on a stand that was just for display only and no actual demo going on.

That being said, if you look at the design, and the separate amps driving the MVFR tweeter and Bass drivers, it looks like that this might be the centerpiece of my 2 Channel room I was going to make out of my 3rd bedroom. The price point seems very reasonable, its AB amps integrated into the speaker and NO WIRES!

I am quite ready to jump on the bandwagon, surprise (I only own a few GE speakers LOL), but I will have to hear these bad boys first.
I'm not looking for any new speakers any time soon.

But, I do agree. This really looks to be the most exciting news out of GE (IMO) since the T2!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis