Replace our Bose SoundTouch 130 with a Bose SoundTouch 300?

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I must admit we really like our Bose SoundTouch 130. It's tweaked to perfection, bass, vocals, all. Now there is the newer, more powerful 300. First thing for you to know is that we are not interest in shaking the windows with the 300's powerful sub. It's clear, concise bass would obviously be an advantage. I've been told a number of times audio for the 300's soundbar is not much different than from the 130 but I do not know that to be factual. With all this said, is it worth the expense to replace our 130 to the 300?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s a good question. Ideally you’d be able to audition one, and make a good decision based on that. While I think you’ve given the am300’s bass a little too much credit, if you don’t care about that aspect, definitely leave it out. It seems to me that at a 700 dollar investment, your return will be small. It seems many others had the same question.
https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=OTpaWu3LI4avjwSWj7DgDQ&q=bose+soundtouch+300+vs+130&oq=bose+soundtouch+300+vs+&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.1.0l5.117795.121393.0.122147.10.8.2.0.0.0.166.941.2j6.8.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..0.9.962...0i67k1j33i160k1.0.DCpCNHYdsIg

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/SoundTouch-300-vs-130/td-p/16919

Maybe get one from B.B. and take it for a spin. Return if not satisfied?

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Thank you William. My questions have been answered. Sticking with our 130 for the time being.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I must admit we really like our Bose SoundTouch 130. It's tweaked to perfection, bass, vocals, all. Now there is the newer, more powerful 300. First thing for you to know is that we are not interest in shaking the windows with the 300's powerful sub. It's clear, concise bass would obviously be an advantage. I've been told a number of times audio for the 300's soundbar is not much different than from the 130 but I do not know that to be factual. With all this said, is it worth the expense to replace our 130 to the 300?
The best soundbar I've heard is the Goldenear Super Cinema 3D Array XL...I heard it with their 8" sub.

I haven't heard your 130, but I have heard the 300...the GE sound bar is better imo, but it's a $2k investment with the sub. That's rare air for a soundbar.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
After thorough consideration of both products at this time we will keep our Bose SoundTouch 130 SoundBar HTC. Once again, I am very happy to state that today's Bose are definitely a step above previous products.

mightymic

mightymic

Audiophyte
I heard the soundtouch 300 in Bose retail store and the bass is massive and quite overpowering the soundbar. I am glad to hear that you are sticking with your soundtouch 130 for now. I heard it last time at my friend place and it sounded very decent.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I heard the soundtouch 300 in Bose retail store and the bass is massive and quite overpowering the soundbar. I am glad to hear that you are sticking with your soundtouch 130 for now. I heard it last time at my friend place and it sounded very decent.
Thank you.

Matt34

Matt34

I know this is a few months old but we just picked up a SoundTouch 300 with bass module for $499/ea. We were looking at Sonos, Sony Z9F, and the Sony HT-ST5000 but after listening to them all the past week and the sale today sealed the deal on the Bose. Actually not bad at all in our living room after running the AdaptIQ. Doesn’t sound hallow or tinny like the Z9F didn’t I more spirited levels. ARC works fine with the LG TV and the app is well thought out and easy to use.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I know this is a few months old but we just picked up a SoundTouch 300 with bass module for $499/ea. We were looking at Sonos, Sony Z9F, and the Sony HT-ST5000 but after listening to them all the past week and the sale today sealed the deal on the Bose. Actually not bad at all in our living room after running the AdaptIQ. Doesn’t sound hallow or tinny like the Z9F didn’t I more spirited levels. ARC works fine with the LG TV and the app is well thought out and easy to use.
Bose and LG? What happened to you, man?

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
This post is no longer relevant given we replaced our Bose with an outstanding Sony HT-ST5000.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This post is no longer relevant given we replaced our Bose with an outstanding Sony HT-ST5000.
You spent $1300 on a sound bar? I'm guessing you didn't get the green light to do a separate speaker system or can't due to decor?

I'm going to have to see how one of these sounds. Curious to see if it is even remotely worth it.

S

snyderkv

Enthusiast
You spent $1300 on a sound bar? I'm guessing you didn't get the green light to do a separate speaker system or can't due to decor?

I'm going to have to see how one of these sounds. Curious to see if it is even remotely worth it.
I doubt the Sony surpasses the Bose ST300 but for double the cost? I hope it's much better. My ST300 is better than my old Samsung 7 series

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Wow $1399 for a soundbar? I remember Crutchfield and parts Express had some flagships soundbars costed 1-3k .
There was one soundbar on the main page that costed 10 grand that’s real insanity . For 10k a real system could wipe the floor with it . Or even half the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wow $1399 for a soundbar? I remember Crutchfield and parts Express had some flagships soundbars costed 1-3k .
There was one soundbar on the main page that costed 10 grand that’s real insanity . For 10k a real system could wipe the floor with it . Or even half the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! 10k? Maybe that was for a whole container!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis