Klipsch "The Sixes"

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I moved them to the living room for a few days, I kid you not they barely need a subwoofer for typical usage. These little monsters pound! I was so shocked by their output, I added my AV123 Klipsched Explosive to the mix and have fallen in love with the setup.

The wife hates it because it's more of this stuff in the living room so I took it all downstairs into the basement cement box. It was fun for the few days I had it up there though... :cool:

Women.... o_O

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Nobody else has a set of these little monsters? Should I post a YouTube video so you can hear how awesome they are? (I kid I kid!!) Drat it I'm alone in experiencing their awesomeness... so alone... :D

Alone.JPG

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Man, those sixes are neat looking! The bottom end is designed so nice (the actual bottom end of the box). With those legs that slightly tilt the speaker (do those come with the purchase or separately?) and the "bronze-looking" strip with knobs sp perfectly matching with the colour of the wood... The guys at Klipsch either hired a lady to pick out the colours or a gay designer.:D Whatever it is it's working, they should stick with it.

If you meant your lady hates the sixes, I'd be very surprised. I could be even talked into taking a selfie with these and I hate selfies with such surplus of passion.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Man, those sixes are neat looking! The bottom end is designed so nice (the actual bottom end of the box). With those legs that slightly tilt the speaker (do those come with the purchase or separately?) and the "bronze-looking" strip with knobs sp perfectly matching with the colour of the wood... The guys at Klipsch either hired a lady to pick out the colours or a gay designer.:D Whatever it is it's working, they should stick with it.

If you meant your lady hates the sixes, I'd be very surprised. I could be even talked into taking a selfie with these and I hate selfies with such surplus of passion.
The wife likes them fine, it's just the sheer volume of speakers we have in there, she has basically reached her limit. 11.3 speakers in the living room HT. :D

Front.JPG

Last edited:
Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Listening to Evanescence "Together Again" with The Sixes and the MFW15 and damn man the basement is shaking. Crisp, clean and tight, Audioholics needs to get a pair of these speakers for review. One site said they don't image very well, I disagree but it could be differences in room.

I love these things, thinking of getting a 2nd pair for the bedroom.

C

Clayton Gehring

Audiophyte
I just bought "the sixes" have to say I'm a little disappointed. The quality is nice but I expecting them to be louder.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I just bought "the sixes" have to say I'm a little disappointed. The quality is nice but I expecting them to be louder.
Louder? I played a wedding with my pair also using a subwoofer and was asked to turn them down. For the money they played plenty loud in that room. In my basement they play loud enough in my single family home to have my neighbors walk over one night and ask me to turn the music down, their house is 20 feet away.

I love them, my white LED that used to stay on only comes on now when turning the volume up or down or adjusting bass. Would be nice to know why but otherwise I love these little beasts.

C

Clayton Gehring

Audiophyte
Louder? I played a wedding with my pair also using a subwoofer and was asked to turn them down. For the money they played plenty loud in that room. In my basement they play loud enough in my single family home to have my neighbors walk over one night and ask me to turn the music down, their house is 20 feet away.

I love them, my white LED that used to stay on only comes on now when turning the volume up or down or adjusting bass. Would be nice to know why but otherwise I love these little beasts.

Ya I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with mine. They arnt quite by any means but totally cranked u can have a conversation about 15 feet away easily. Also Bluetooth will go alot louder than my turn table. And I have been told that shouldn' be the case. I have used multiple turn tables on it.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Ya I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with mine. They arnt quite by any means but totally cranked u can have a conversation about 15 feet away easily. Also Bluetooth will go alot louder than my turn table. And I have been told that shouldn' be the case. I have used multiple turn tables on it.
Using the built in pre-amp for the turntable is the problem, they didn't exactly go top shelf for that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis